RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Tiffinata
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Beaufighter and Pup

Re: Biggles and the Fast Track Trainee

Post by Tiffinata » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 am

"Perhaps something unsavoury...." he mused.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:25 pm

'Child slavery?' he mused further. 'Perhaps they could have kept him in a broom cupboard and fed him on scraps from the waste bin. He's certainly small enough for that to be believable.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Post by Fairblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

"I hope we're not taking notes," Horace's uncle suddenly said."We don't want any evidence of this at all."
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Everyone grunted and looked indignant. But two people were keeping notes. The psychiatrist because he had been trained to do so, and the artist who was thoughtlessly sketching every scenario mentioned.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Meanwhile, in a hotel room not far away, one of Major Charles' men wasn't taking notes. He didn't need to. The miniature microphone secreted in the study by a maid, who happened to be an agent, was picking up all this and recording it. Once again, the man marvelled at his boss's uncanny instinct which had led him to plant the microphone several months before on 'information received.'
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 am

Major Charles was anxiously awaiting the return of Raymond from his conference in America. The situation had escalated from 'long term watching brief' to 'situation urgent and intervention needing authorisation' very quickly. Charles didn't want to make a move before discussing it with Raymond. After all, it was his SAP department and everyone knew about Raymond and Horace's uncle.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 am

Raymond phoned Major Charles to tell him he had been delayed by bad weather. "We've got to let them start it all," he told the Intelligence Officer, "otherwise they could say it was a hypothetical exercise, designed to highlight the sort of threat the SAP could face."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 am

Meanwhile, Biggles, resigned to another day or two in hospital and a short period of sick leave after that, was considering his 'to do' list. The office had been quiet before they left for Scotland, so there wouldn't be much to do there. The new copy of Flight would have arrived so Ginger could cut it up and file it away. He made a mental note to remind Ginger to look on both sides of the page before choosing what to clip out. Bertie could do the new registrations whilst Algy wrote a report on the happenings in Inverness shire. Horace. Biggles wondered what to do about Horace. He would need a final debrief even though he had been with the department for such a short time. Biggles didn't want to ask Algy to do this. Algy had taken an obvious scunner to the lad. It shouldn't be too onerous, Biggles thought. He could easily do it himself despite being on sick leave.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:55 am

He started to jot down points which, were to him, the most salient and important. He tried to remember what HR had told him must be included in these debriefing sessions. There was a form he had to fill in. Biggles hated the extra layers of bureaucracy that had crept in over the years and he knew full well HR probably wouldn't even look at it. Wouldn't even understand half of what was said if they could be bothered to read his debriefing notes, which, in all likelihood, they wouldn't.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Biggles paused. Maybe he wouldn't do a full de-brief. After all, Horace had only been operational with them for twenty four hours. Maybe he'd call it a sick leave visit, to see how the boy was getting on. That should cover things whilst reducing the paperwork.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:27 pm

He was feeling quite pleased with these deductions, when he was aware of a figure approaching his bed. He eyed Major Charles curiously.

"Hullo, what brings you here? "

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:53 pm

'How attached to your reputation, are you?' Major Charles asked bluntly.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:56 pm

"Very," Biggles replied bluntly. "Why?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:10 am

You've got involved in something pretty major,' Charles frowned, 'and it looks like your department is going to be an early casualty. A lot of mud and outright lies are going to be thrown at you, professionally and personally.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:31 am

"I hope you intend to put a spoke in the wheel of whoever it is," Biggles replied, then noticed the expression on the Major's face. "What have you got planned?" He asked suspiciously.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:47 am

,'It's too good an opportunity to miss,' Charles said persuasively. 'This is an opportunity to take out a gang firmly opposed to the Establishment who are determined to destroy it from within.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:04 pm

"Go on," Biggles told him grimly, with a sense of foreboding.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Biggles's sense of foreboding was justified. Charles filled him in on what was happening but was unable to suggest a plan.

'And what do you expect me to do about this?' Biggles asked bitterly.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:26 pm

"I don't think I really need to tell you that, do I?" Major Charles replied, raising an eyebrow.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Major Charles was chased away by the sister who needed to take Biggles's blood pressure and temperature. Biggles sighed and submitted and began to compose a completely different 'to do' list. He definitely needed to visit Horace as a matter of urgency, and he needed to warn Algy that stories were going to start circulating that he made use of industrial quantities of Rohypnol to keep himself in girlfriends.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:02 am

Unfortunately, Major Charles' visit had caused his blood pressure to sosr and the nurse called the doctor, who prescribe a sedative. In the end, Biggles made such a fuss that they agreed Algy could come as nd see him, in the hopes that Biggles' would finally settle down.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 am

Algy caused Biggles's blood pressure to soar further. 'What do they want me to do?' he hissed. 'Publish testimonials in the papers? Take out a full page advert filled with glowing references?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:12 am

"Quite frankly,I haven't the faintest," Biggles confessed. "They'll,probably produce somebody who will swear to it. Major Charles assured me he has the tape and once they've made a move he'll produce it and show everyone just what a conniving bunch they are."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:18 am

To distract Algy, who was becoming repetitive, Biggles warned him that the plotters were going to hypnotise Horace into claiming Bertie had assaulted him at night and they were jointly going to be accused of maltreating Ginger.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 am

"Ginger'll deny that," Algy declared hotly.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”