RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Re: Biggles and the Fast Track Trainee

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:23 pm

The more Horace's uncle pondered upon his latter thought, the more he became convinced this was the case. He needed to know exactly what Bigglesworth and his team had been up to in Scotland. He decided to call in his big gun connections and reached for his phone.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

A Rear Admiral, fishing in the Highlands, cursed as his phone vibrated under his waders in a rhythm which told him it was urgent and secret business. He'd thought his luck might change today but not that way.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie

Post by Fairblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:38 pm

At that very same moment, there was a tug on his line, which told him that his luck was in. Unfortunately, the phone was persistent in its intrusion.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 pm

He knew his duty. He waded to the bank, checked there was no one within earshot and fished in his waders for his phone.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie

Post by Fairblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm

"Yes?" He barked, his irritation sounding in his voice. "This had better be good. What? Is that all? What the devil has haggises to do with anything?" He always thought this man was few cards short of a full deck.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 am

Instructions given to the Rear Admiral which would end his sport for a few days, Horace's uncle debated who to ring next. Mind made up, he tapped out the number for an eminent psychiatrist.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:28 pm

He spoke with the psychiatrist for several minutes, wording his questions carefully. His eyes were narrow and his brow furrowed as he hung up, fingers tapping thoughtfully on the desk. The psychiatrist would see Horace. Horace's uncle was fairly certain his suspicions about Bigglesworth were correct. If only Horace could be induced to tell the truth about what happened and not keep gabbling about haggises!

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Horace's uncle made more telephone calls. If Bigglesworth had interfered with his nephew's memory, then the Big Five would have to meet. He summoned a mysterious artist and a senior Civil Servant conveniently located within the Tax Office.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”