Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Unlikely Lines to Read in a Biggles Book

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Postby Crazy Man Michael » 17 Feb 2014, 16:58

The 150 mph winds screamed and howled through the rocky gully, while the torrential rain battered mercilessly on the rusty tin roof of the shack in which the comrades had been forced to take refuge shortly after landing. 'How long is this perishing deluge likely to last?' complained Algy, ,it's been pi**king it down for a week now.' 'Stop moaning,' replied Biggles lighting his 223rd cigarette of the day. 'We've experienced worse, or have you forgotten what it was like back in Blighty in 2014?'
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Postby Fairblue » 17 Feb 2014, 17:47
Crazy Man Michael wrote: The 150 mph winds screamed and howled through the rocky gully, while the torrential rain battered mercilessly on the rusty tin roof of the shack in which the comrades had been forced to take refuge shortly after landing. 'How long is this perishing deluge likely to last?' complained Algy, ,it's been pi**king it down for a week now.' 'Stop moaning,' replied Biggles lighting his 223rd cigarette of the day. 'We've experienced worse, or have you forgotten what it was like back in Blighty in 2014?'

"Well, yes" replied Algy frankly, "We upped sticks and went to that meeting in Brisbane and only came home once the weather improved"
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Postby Kismet » 18 Feb 2014, 12:08

Screaming, human and a more eldritch sound, startled Algy awake and sent him investigating without pause for slippers and dressing gown. Dashing into the next bedroom, he saw a wild-eyed, tousle-haired Biggles knelt on his bed, panting with shock and holding a pillow defensively.

'What on earth..' he began

'I woke up with something on my face' gasped Biggles, 'I don't know what, and I can't see anything, but I don't believe in spooks.'

Algy relaxed and his lips twitched. 'It's all right, old chap' he said soothingly. 'It'll just be that cat of Mrs Syme's again. Remember it woke Ginger last week. I'll just look under the bed for her, shall I?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Biggles leaned, bored, on the bar of the Aero Club looking into the remains of his pint. None of his cronies were in, the worst of the Club bores had possession of the library so he couldn't read the aviation magazines, and all his flat mates were out so he wouldn't have company even if he went home. He looked up as the barman put a large brandy and a slip of paper with numbers on in front of him.

'What's this? I didn't order another drink.'

'From the lady at the corner table.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Postby Sizzling Sausages » 19 Feb 2014, 22:11
Kismet wrote: Biggles leaned, bored, on the bar of the Aero Club looking into the remains of his pint. None of his cronies were in, the worst of the Club bores had possession of the library so he couldn't read the aviation magazines, and all his flat mates were out so he wouldn't have company even if he went home. He looked up as the barman put a large brandy and a slip of paper with numbers on in front of him.

Turning to the table, Biggles looked at the woman seated there. He noticed the caked-on makeup and the unusually bright red lips. He observed the slightly too-tight dress and the five-inch high heels. Finally, he took in the luxuriant wig that reminded him of bad 1980s big hair, coupled with large dangly earrings.
Biggles sighed. "Bertie", he said drily, "stop trying to make me feel better".

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Postby Kismet » 20 Feb 2014, 14:11
Sizzling Sausages wrote:
Kismet wrote: Biggles leaned, bored, on the bar of the Aero Club looking into the remains of his pint. None of his cronies were in, the worst of the Club bores had possession of the library so he couldn't read the aviation magazines, and all his flat mates were out so he wouldn't have company even if he went home. He looked up as the barman put a large brandy and a slip of paper with numbers on in front of him.

Turning to the table, Biggles looked at the woman seated there. He noticed the caked-on makeup and the unusually bright red lips. He observed the slightly too-tight dress and the five-inch high heels. Finally, he took in the luxuriant wig that reminded him of bad 1980s big hair, coupled with large dangly earrings.
Biggles sighed. "Bertie", he said drily, "stop trying to make me feel better".

Bertie looked as puzzled as it is possible for a heavily made-up man to look. 'Trying to make you feel better, old chap? What's happened? I'm here for Smitty's stag party: Tarts, Tramps, Vicars and Vamps.'

'So why did you send me a drink and your number?'

Bertie produced his monocle and inspected the piece of paper. 'Not my number old chap, which you'd know if you'd read it. I didn't send the drink either. Try the redhead opposite'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Postby Kismet » 20 Feb 2014, 14:11

Bertie looked as puzzled as it is possible for a heavily made-up man to look. 'Trying to make you feel better, old chap? What's happened? I'm here for Smitty's stag party: Tarts, Tramps, Vicars and Vamps.'

'So why did you send me a drink and your number?'

Bertie produced his monocle and inspected the piece of paper. 'Not my number old chap, which you'd know if you'd read it. I didn't send the drink either. Try the redhead opposite'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 pm

by Sizzling Sausages » 20 Feb 2014, 20:40

(Well done, Kismet! :lol: )
Kismet wrote: Bertie produced his monocle and inspected the piece of paper. 'Not my number old chap, which you'd know if you'd read it. I didn't send the drink either. Try the redhead opposite'
Biggles duly turned his gaze in the direction indicated. Then he groaned. "Not you too, Ginger!", he declared.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Sizzling Sausages wrote:
Kismet wrote: Bertie produced his monocle and inspected the piece of paper. 'Not my number old chap, which you'd know if you'd read it. I didn't send the drink either. Try the redhead opposite'
Biggles duly turned his gaze in the direction indicated. Then he groaned. "Not you too, Ginger!", he declared.

The Club Secretary approached Biggles. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He said loftily."We don't allow those sort of girls in this club."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Postby Kismet » 21 Feb 2014, 15:26
Jenny Rob wrote: Bertie was getting very worried - he could not get the picture of Ginger dressed as an Indian Princess out of his mind - he had looked way too attractive for Bertie's peace of mind.

I'm having a very giggly day. Thanks everyone.

Biggles sat gazing into the fire, idly stroking the cat. Might the filing system work more efficiently if it was arranged chronologically then alphabetically rather than alphabetically by country, place and surname? Perhaps Ginger could re-arrange it on Monday for a trial period.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Postby Inactive User 149 » 21 Feb 2014, 15:27

Biggles suggested rearranging the filing system to Ginger but his reply was unprintable :oops:

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Postby Kismet » 21 Feb 2014, 20:46

Having spent a wearying morning with a representative of the RSPCA, who for some inexplicable reason seemed interested in how he looked after his cat, Biggles was not pleased to be summoned to Raymond's office to discuss his team's latest expense claims. Returning to the office he announced that all personal clothing items on the latest submission had been disallowed. 'I'm sorry' he said to Ginger 'I know it was your only suit which shrank in the loch in Scotland. You'll just have to wear your Princess outfit until payday.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Postby Kismet » 22 Feb 2014, 13:14

Biggles woke at dawn to the sound of rain lashing his bedroom windows and wind howling down the chimney. 'Duvet day' he thought sleepily, snuggling further into his blankets and closing his eyes again.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Kismet wrote:Biggles woke at dawn to the sound of rain lashing his bedroom windows and wind howling down the chimney. 'Duvet day' he thought sleepily, snuggling further into his blankets and closing his eyes again.
He was suddenly startled by a shove in the back. "Move up!" cried Algy.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

The Professor wrote:
Kismet wrote:Biggles woke at dawn to the sound of rain lashing his bedroom windows and wind howling down the chimney. 'Duvet day' he thought sleepily, snuggling further into his blankets and closing his eyes again.
He was suddenly startled by a shove in the back. "Move up!" cried Algy.
'Ginger's ceiling's leaking so he's joining us, too.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Kismet wrote:'Ginger's ceiling's leaking so he's joining us, too.'
"Gosh!" said Gimlet, "Trapper and Copper are falling out the end as it is!"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm

"This is a heck of a slumber party!" Biggles exclaimed. "I wonder what Mrs. Symes has made us for breakfast?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm

by The Professor » 23 Feb 2014, 20:04

"Next time you're on police business, Bigglesworth, try to avoid all the sex and the booze."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm

The Professor wrote:"Next time you're on police business, Bigglesworth, try to avoid all the sex and the booze."

Or at least make sure it is not recorded and posted on Facebook.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Kismet wrote:
The Professor wrote:"Next time you're on police business, Bigglesworth, try to avoid all the sex and the booze."

Or at least make sure it is not recorded and posted on Facebook.
And for god's sake quit hanging out with Justin Bieber.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by tiffinata » 24 Feb 2014, 04:05

"Mrs Symes has just come back from Australia, chaps. She's brought us this wonderful jam to try called 'Vegemite'."

"I love jam" said Algy, slathering it on his scones and taking a big bite.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 pm

tiffinata wrote:"Mrs Symes has just come back from Australia, chaps. She's brought us this wonderful jam to try called 'Vegemite'."
"I love jam" said Algy, slathering it on his scones and taking a big bite.
And after Algy rinsed his mouth out with bicarb. of soda he ruefully admitted to the others: "Perhaps next time I use vegemite it will be as axle grease for the Proctor!". :lol:

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 24 Feb 2014, 12:32

Ginger looked disconsolately at the crumpled mess in front of him which looked as if it needed to be viewed in an extra dimension to make any visual sense whatsoever. 'Why can't I make a flapping bird out of a crisp packet like you and Algy?' he grumbled.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby AusterAutocrat » 24 Feb 2014, 13:15

Ahh, too good! I can't think of any now... but someone certainly had a bright idea :D Brilliantly taken aboard, of course, by the wit and vivacity of our knowledgeable members. I'm sure WEJ would have had a good chuckle :)

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Postby SaintedAunt » 24 Feb 2014, 13:20

"Right chaps," Biggles leaned back on his chair, straightening three pilesof scrap paper.

"It's time to practice your paper aeroplanes. The target is my cigarette case and nobody goes to lunch until they've hit it at least twice."

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”