Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Biggles Loses His Man

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Postby Fairblue » 28 Feb 2015, 19:59

Biggles didn't answer immediately. Considering what he knew of her husband 's criminal activities it was clear the proceeds had not made its way to his family. He said goodbye and made his way to the car thoughtfully.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Postby Fairblue » 28 Feb 2015, 19:59

Biggles didn't answer immediately. Considering what he knew of her husband 's criminal activities it was clear the proceeds had not made its way to his family. He said goodbye and made his way to the car thoughtfully.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Postby Kismet » 01 Mar 2015, 13:57

'Riley O' Reilley was always as twisted as a corkscrew,' Biggles said thoughtfully. 'What's he done with his loot? Has he stashed it for his family to get one day, or is he using it to support another establishment?' He pulled the bottle of ipecacuanha from his pocket and idly sloshed it.

Bertie's eyes followed the movement. 'It's spelt wrong,' he said.

Biggles looked at it.

'Well, well. It seems that we've got the code.'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 01 Mar 2015, 15:33

"Any of you good at anagrams?"

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 01 Mar 2015, 18:44

Algy glanced at it. 'Chapeau Inca,' he said. 'Didn't Riley have one of those knitted things that he wore under his flying hat?'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 01 Mar 2015, 18:56

"It could be allegorical," Biggles mused, slightly nettled at Algy's quick response.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 01 Mar 2015, 19:14

'Or paunch aecia,' Algy added, who wasn't listening. 'Aecias are the fruiting bodies of rust fungi.'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Postby Fairblue » 01 Mar 2015, 19:46

"French Hats, Incas and fruit fungi. Wonderful," Biggles declared sarcastically.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Postby Kismet » 01 Mar 2015, 20:18

That's not what you said at the time,' Algy grinned.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Postby Fairblue » 01 Mar 2015, 20:53

Back at Scotland Yard Biggles placed the box on his desk. In his absence someone had placed yesterday's newspaper on it The headlines which had originally read "Biggles Gets his Man" had been altered to read "Biggles Loses His Man." Two articles further down, an advert for a well-known slimming club had been circled with the words "Keep fit, not fat" highlighted in lurid pink.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 02 Mar 2015, 00:00

Biggles ground his teeth and surreptitiously pinched his waistline.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

by Fairblue » 02 Mar 2015, 00:05

And promptly signed Ginger up to a keep-fit class.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 02 Mar 2015, 22:49

Biggles identified the sender by the simple method of turning the paper over to see if a name had been written on the front. It had.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Postby Fairblue » 02 Mar 2015, 23:16

He filed the information away for future reference. He removed all the articles from the box and laid them on his desk. He picked up the bottle of ipecacuanha and looked at it. "Bertie, nip down to the library and see what you can find out about this," he ordered.He picked up the key. It reminded him of the key to a safe at Rawlham. But O'Reilly was never at Rawlham, neither was Poodles , the fugitive who had slipped through their fingers a short time ago.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby J349 » 03 Mar 2015, 22:23

The door opened, and Air Commissioner Raymond walked in. "Ahh Bigglesworth, I wonder if I might borrow you for a moment? Some interesting information has just cropped up, and I'd like to know your take on it."

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 03 Mar 2015, 22:39

The Air Commodore looked at the collection of articles on Biggles' desk. "Having a clear out?" and he picked up the key. "Now this looks like the key to that old safe you had at Rawlham." He held the key out to Biggles. "You always did struggle to open it because of that little bent bit there. Fancy you keeping it. I'd never have put you down for the sentimental type."

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Postby Kismet » 03 Mar 2015, 23:47

'I'm not,' Biggles said surprised. 'This has rejoined me somewhat circuitously. What did you want to see me about, sir?'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 03 Mar 2015, 23:58

"Oh. I've just had a chat with the Home Secretary. It seems that after your capture of Ponsonby near Dartmoor, they'd like an assessment of the possibility of an escape from Dartmoor Prison using aircraft."

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Mar 2015, 00:00

Biggles winced. 'Have you been away from your desk, sir?'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Mar 2015, 00:07

"Yes, as a matter of fact I was dining with the Home Secretary. My dear Bigglesworth, you look like you've eaten bad oysters."

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Postby Kismet » 04 Mar 2015, 00:10

'Perhaps you'd like to go and read whatever memos are on your desk and then get back to me?' Biggles gabbled. 'In the meantime I'll give some thought to your question.'

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Mar 2015, 00:15

The Air Commodore gave Biggles a funny look, but left. Biggles was sorely tempted to run.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Mar 2015, 00:17

'Come on,' he said morosely. 'Lets start putting together the report which identifies what mistakes I made and how operating procedures will change in the future in response.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Mar 2015, 00:23

The phone rang five minutes later. Biggles held the phone away from his ear. Finally, when the Air Commodore stopped to draw breath Biggles spoke. "On my way, sir". He hoped that the fact that he had a man inside Dartmoor already might go some way towards soothing Raymond's ruffled feathers.

Fairblue
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Mar 2015, 00:32

It did. But not until Raymond had said a great deal about disappointment, being let down, common sense and departmental scrutineering bodies who dealt with funding allocations.

Return to “Old RPGs”