Biggles Bumps his Head

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Biggles Bumps his Head

Post by Kismet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Another of the nearly finished long rpgs. Again, I'll lock this when I'm not working on it and post when it is all transferred.

Kismet » 31 May 2018, 18:56

It was a ridiculous accident. One that never should have happened. Biggles had picked up a pile of box files and was carrying them down the stairs to arrange for them to be put in storage when he somehow tripped and landed at the bottom of the flight of stairs with a bump and a clatter.

Hearing the commotion, one of the Typing Pool appeared, saw the contusion developing on Biggles's brow, and summoned First Aid reinforcements. Biggles, embarrassed more than anything, insisted he was alright. The First Aider ignored him and ran through basic checks.Biggles correctly identified how many fingers he was holding up, gave his full name, date of birth, then the address at which he had lived when a boy in India. A quick investigation showed that Biggles didn't seem to remember anything past his fourteenth birthday. The First Aider summoned an ambulance, against Biggles's objections: 'Can't someone get hold of my wife and have her collect me and take me home?' he protested, and he was carted off to hospital.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Re: Biggles Bumps his Head

Fairblue » 31 May 2018, 19:53

Raymond was informed and Algy immediately summoned.

"He thinks he's married?" Algy asked incredulously as Raymond repeated what the First Aider had told him.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 31 May 2018, 20:02

Algy checked the hospital visiting times and turned up, hoping Biggles had got some of his memory back. He hadn't. Algy introduced himself to Biggles as someone who had known him a long time and started answering some of Biggles's questions.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm

tiffinata » 01 Jun 2018, 12:01

'You aren't married, " Algy informed him when Biggles asked him to ring his wife.
Biggles spluttered indignantly.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 12:03

'How can I have got to this age and not be married?' Biggles asked indignantly. A thought struck him. 'Am I divorced? Or widowed?'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

kylie_koyote » 01 Jun 2018, 12:09

"You had... well... it's complicated," Algy temporized. "But I'm your cousin, and your friend, and we share a flat."

Biggles blinked owlishly at him.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 12:12

'Are you telling me I'm gay?' Biggles asked, a look of astonishment on his face. He looked Algy up and down. 'No offence, old chap, but I wasn't expecting that.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

tiffinata » 01 Jun 2018, 12:19

"We share an Office and blood type ",Algy replied. "Plus the ownership of various aircraft. Sleeping arrangements are not something we share."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 12:31

Biggles nodded, his face giving no hint to his feelings. 'What about the rest of my family, my father and brother?'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Fairblue » 01 Jun 2018, 14:17

Algy shifted in his chair. "What's the last thing you do remember?" he asked quietly.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 14:21

'All the arrangements being made for me to leave India and go to school in England,' Biggles replied promptly. 'But it's obvious that a lot of time has passed since then. The doctors think that my memory should come back but it might need triggering, so hence the questions as you say you know me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 01 Jun 2018, 14:33

"Let me see if I can get some tea," Algy temorized, "and then I'll start at the beginning."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 14:45

Algy rejected the coffee machine near the ward and walked across the hospital until he got to the Starbucks concession. He wanted thinking time. Biggles might only remember up to being fourteen, but he was behaving as a man, not a schoolboy so the situation was obviously more complicated than Biggles regressing to a teenager. He collected a couple of large teas and returned to find Biggles flirting with one of the nurses.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 01 Jun 2018, 15:08

He groaned. That was definitely unBiggleslike.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Kismet » 01 Jun 2018, 15:36

The nurse retired, giggling and Biggles turned his attention to Algy. 'Well,' he demanded, 'are you going to fill me in?'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 01 Jun 2018, 18:14

Algy handed Biggles his tea and made himself comfortable in the chair beside the bed.

"You did go to England to school," Algy began "Malton Hall. When you weren't at the school, you stayed with your Uncle. You called him Dickpa."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 02 Jun 2018, 00:42

Biggles nodded. 'I remember Dickpa. I used to look forward to his visits. Did you say you were Algy?' Algy nodded.
'I had a sort of cousin called Algernon Montgomery,' Biggles stated. 'Are you him?'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 02 Jun 2018, 00:46

Algy nodded. "Yes. You once described me as 'a slice of warmed-up death wrapped in velvet and ribbons.'"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 02 Jun 2018, 00:54

Biggles looked Algy up and down once more. 'You might have improved,' he allowed.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Fairblue » 02 Jun 2018, 00:56

"Thank you," Algy replied solemnly.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 02 Jun 2018, 01:00

Biggles sipped his tea. 'So how did I meet you again and end up living with you?'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

kylie_koyote » 02 Jun 2018, 02:54

“So, there was a war. Actually, a couple of them, but I’ll get to that later. Anyway, my mother wrote to someone and arranged for me to be posted to your unit. Apparently in the hopes that you’d look after me.”

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 02 Jun 2018, 04:26

'I was in the army?' Biggles said incredulously.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

tiffinata » 02 Jun 2018, 06:59

"No. You ran away from school and enlisted in the Royal Flying Corps. From there you were shipped out to France where you earned yourself a couple of medals,"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 02 Jun 2018, 08:35

"Royal Flying Corps? I remember reading about something with that name was being formed. What did it do?"

Return to “Old RPGs”