Biggles and the Genie in the Lamp

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Re: Biggles and the Genie in the Lamp

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm

...a notice of widespread tube strikes and a walkout by the staff of the main bus company.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Which wasn't really anything new, Biggles reflected. What really worried him was what Grandmother Genie had planned.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Which he didn't know. He'd only seen searches about Buckingham Palace on the browser history. He'd no idea of her intentions.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 am

But he could hazard a guess. Grandmother Genie wanted to see Buckingham Palace. All of it. Which she had the powers to do. Which could prove highly embarrassing.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 am

He wondered if there would be any British genies, or whatever their equivalents were, to protect the royals. He must get the genies to postpone their visit to Buckingham Palace. How?

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:32 am

Give them something else of interest to look at, was the answer. But what?

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:41 am

He went back to his idea of Sir John Soanes house. Genie father had loved the British Museum. He would adore this house and Biggles could use the visit to collect information about what they wanted to see in Buckingham Palace and why.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 am

He waited until Genie father appeared. He looked so brow beaten that Biggles almost laughed. Instead, he asked if he fancied just the two of them going down to the Audley for a pint, or whatever it was father Genie fancied.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 am

Father genie thought he should try whatever the local brew was. When in Rome and all that. Although Rome had actually been a bit of a disappointment. All that marble was very cold to look at. And they were obsessed with a strange fermented fish paste. It went in everything.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 am

He liked the Audley and he liked the Spitfire Ale. He fired off a lot of questions which Biggles supplied answers in some amusement, realising he had expected Father Genie to be something akin to a walking encyclopedia.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm

He wondered just how long Father genie had been in his lamp without coming out. He thought that, given how thoroughly the cave their lamp was found in was blocked off, that it could have been some time, perhaps millennia.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm

So he asked him. Father Genie took a long pull on his pint, and munched on a handful of peanuts before he answered.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 pm

No wonder they wanted a holiday in London, Biggles thought. That was a long time to be cooped up with your family. And he'd heard people complain about seeing their relatives over Christmas.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 am

Father genie told Biggles just how much he appreciated Biggles' hospitality. In fact, he informed Biggles, the whole family was so thrilled with visiting London that they had agreed to manoeuvre their way around the confines of the Genie Charter and they would now give Biggles three wishes from each family member.

kylie_koyote
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
My top chap: Ginger
Favourite Book: Fails to Return
Quote: Aim high.

Post by kylie_koyote » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Biggles considered this carefully.
"For goodness sake stop that Yankee drawl, or you'll have us all doing it before you've finished."
"OK baby - sorry - I mean, righto."
"That's better."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm

And expressed his concerns over the burdens which Jeannie had said would accompany every wish.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

'Let's have a nice holiday,' Biggles suggested, 'without worrying too much about the wishes at the moment.' He didn't think he could give his full attention to constructing his wishes whilst worrying about what the genies might be up to.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm

"You're an enigma," he was told."Anyone else would have snapped up my offer."

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 pm

"No, I'm just a naturally cautious man," replied Biggles with a smile. "I like to know all the risks involved before I leap into anything."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Biggles suggested that they visit the House of Sir John Soane as Buckingham Palace would be very very busy today and it would be a shame for the genies not to explore it at leisure and Father genie agreed easily. It seemed that he, too, was concerned with how excitable his offspring might be in a palace and wanted the girls to become more accustomed to the Metropolis before they went anywhere too exciting again. Biggles reflected that the V and A was usually considered more of an educational experience, which he supposed had actually been the case here.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Father Genie agreed to that and what on earth were pork scratchings?

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Biggles enjoyed initiating Father Genie into the intricacies of British pub menus. The Audley, he explained, was one of the best around.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 pm

"I would like to see some others," Father Genie stated. "The women, they are busy with the fashions just now."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Biggles nodded agreeably and rang Algy to join them for a pub crawl. Father genie was quite .... substantial .... and he thought he might need help getting him home.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:21 pm

What he failed to realise was that Father Genie could hold his liquor.

Return to “Old RPGs”