Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Re: Biggles and the Haunted Mirror

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Fairblue » 11 Jul 2017, 23:44

"We won't let that happen," Biggles promised him, "but we need to find a way of getting him out of your body, preferably into another if we can manage it."
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 11 Jul 2017, 23:52

'I think he'll go if you find a host,' Bertie opined. 'He doesn't want to die, but it takes a lot of his energy keeping me subdued. He'd be happier alone in a body and I don't think he actually knows how to evict me.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 00:05

"He was looking for his own body to put you into," Biggles told him. "But if we can find one, can you make him shift, do you think? "

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 00:20

'If it's suitable. It would have to be a young healthy male,' Bertie reflected. 'I don't think he'd do well as a woman. .'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 00:22

"He has already given us a list of requirements," Biggles told him, "but I think Doc Lorton wants to speak to you now."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 00:36

Doc Lorton had a number of questions for Bertie. He muttered technical terms such as Dissociative Personality Disorder and Dissociative Amnesia before rephrasing the jargon into questions about memory and consciousness.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 00:41

Bertie answered as best he could. The Doctor wanted to know if it was possible, that at a given signal he could create a diversion in Jem's mind.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 00:44

Bertie thought he could, but not one that would distract Jem for long. Jem was very single-minded and used to tuning Bertie out.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 10:06

"We might need you to act quickly, " the doctor went on, "so we'll fix on a keyword, a sort of trigger. When you hear this word uttered by myself or Biggles start distracting Jem as much as you possibly can."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 11:04

'Jolly good,' Bertie agreed. 'What's the magic word? Quickly, Jem's beginning to stir.'

'Chrysanthemums,' Doc Lorton decided. 'That's not likely to come up in everyday conversation.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 12:09

"As long as you don't expect me to spell it," Bertie responded brightly, "because...." he paused, a frown crossed his brow and his expression suddenly changed.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 13:00

Bertie's face reflected the internal battle for control between himself and Jem, but soon Jem came out on top.

'What did you do to me?' he hissed furiously.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 13:47

"Nothing permanent I assure you," Doc Lorton told him. "Just a little sample of my power. Look in the mirror."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 13:53

Jem refused to look in the mirror. He didn't trust them.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 14:16

"Have it your way," the Doctor shrugged. "Now, what are your long-term plans for our friend, may I ask?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 14:23

Jem refused to answer. Biggles left him to Doc Lorton and went for a stroll. Where could he get a suitable body?

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 15:00

His stroll took him past the local newsagents. He glanced,as he always did at the headline on the hoarding outside

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 15:06

Biggles hurried inside and bought a copy of the paper. Looking around, he saw an empty bench in the sun. He sat on it and read the article which had caught his attention catefully.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 16:07

A young man, high on drugs, had been run over by a bus whilst trying to cross the road, He was in a coma at the local hospital but was, unfortunately, not expected to last the night. A search was continuing for relatives but so far no one had come forwards.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 17:30

Biggles walked rapidly back to Johnnie's cottage. Johnnie rang up the hospital to arrange to see the man who might be his 'cousin' and Jem was briefed for the hospital visit.

'All you've got to do is tell us if the poor unfortunate is still inside his body or not,' Biggles told him. 'The Doc will assess his injuries to see how badly hurt he is. If there's no one home and he's not too badly injured, you jump from Bertie to him. If there's a problem, we look for another suitable body.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 18:35

"I shall decide whether or not he is suitable," Jem huffed, determined to have some control over the proceedings.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 18:47

'You will play a part in the process,' Biggles told him authoritatively, 'but you will not make the final decision. You will follow orders or lump it.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 19:25

You know what will happen to your friend" Jem began "What I can do if I so choose."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Kismet » 12 Jul 2017, 19:49

'And you know what we can do,' Biggles cut in.'I've been patient long enough. Now, you will follow orders or take the consequences. And I can guarrantee you won't like the consequences.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 12 Jul 2017, 20:00

"And don't be thinking you need only wait until my guard is down. Bertie could tell you I never drop my guard."

Return to “Old RPGs”