Bertie Joins the Lido

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Re: Bertie Joins the Lido

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Raymond told Biggles at length that he was unhappy. Biggles patiently waited for him to run down before proffering his resignation, as was his usual practice in these situations. Raymond refused to accept it and grumbled some more, before cheering himself up with the thought that Biggles had recovered the papers he'd been sent to Siberia to find and had uncovered a weak spot in MI6 with further details of contacts to boot. As long as the Spanish police didn't look far enough back in their records to find that Biggles had been persona non grata there since their Civil War there was probably no real harm done and quite a lot of good. 'But you must be more careful, Bigglesworth,' he admonished.

Biggles walked away, and carefully didn't start whistling until he was out of Raymond's hearing. He wondered if Bertie would resume his visits to the Lido?

The End.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:38 pm

A very nice rounding off, Kismet. Thank you.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:42 pm

My pleasure. Now I can remind myself of what's happening in one or two other long running ones.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

StoneRoad
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
My top chap: private
Favorite Aircraft: Spruce Goose
Favourite Book: can't choose just one
Quote: Forewarned is forearmed

Post by StoneRoad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 pm

I've enjoyed this one !
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

Return to “Old RPGs”