Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

BBC Archive Battle of Britain Interviews

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Spitfire666 » 04 Jan 2016, 22:09

This is where the Ginger Lacey interview came from. This section has a lot of other interviews as well. Sir Keith Park, Dizzy Allen, Hugh Dowding and many more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/battleofbritain/

A great list here of interesting things:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/programme/
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Re: BBC Archive Battle of Britain Interviews

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Isaac Reed » 04 Jan 2016, 22:35

Thanks for sharing, I'm about to dive in and take a look. I see that it includes Churchill's finest hour speech. I always thought that was extremely inspirational, that's probably why it became famous. I wonder how things would have gone in Chamberlain stayed in power.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Spitfire666 » 04 Jan 2016, 22:43

Isaac Reed wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I'm about to dive in and take a look. I see that it includes Churchill's finest hour speech. I always thought that was extremely inspirational, that's probably why it became famous. I wonder how things would have gone in Chamberlain stayed in power.

Blimey, haven't we got enough to worry about at the moment without imagining that :shock:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

OzBiggles1963 » 05 Jan 2016, 01:26

Thanks S666...will certainly be visiting & having a listen!

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

J349 » 05 Jan 2016, 18:31

Great stuff, from the horses' mouth, thanks for the share!

Isaac Reed wrote:
I see that it includes Churchill's finest hour speech. I always thought that was extremely inspirational, that's probably why it became famous. I wonder how things would have gone in Chamberlain stayed in power.

The short answer is, he wouldn't - he had terminal bowel cancer and died later on that year. History has judged him wrongly in part (historians continue to debate it), whilst his pursuit of 'peace at all costs' was very real, he also recognised the need to fight hard and continued to do so to the best of his ability. Churchill was very much the man of the hour though and was a much better war leader, in my opinion.

Return to “Links”