Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

The Algy Chronicles

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:38 pm

J9982 » 22 Jun 2014, 12:06

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before (haven't found it in a search) but there's a rather nice Algy-related site at http://thealgychronicles.blogspot.co.uk/
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Re: The Algy Chronicles

Fairblue » 22 Jun 2014, 12:29

J9982 wrote:
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before (haven't found it in a search) but there's a rather nice Algy-related site at http://thealgychronicles.blogspot.co.uk/

Ah, J9982, that site belongs to our one and only Sopwith Camel (Soppy). You may have gathered she's a fan of his (Understatement of the century). She has put up some very good stuff there, and some cracking non-canon stories that has had us :imao: and :cryblue: in turns. :thumbup:
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

kylie_koyote » 22 Jun 2014, 13:11

It was via the Algy Chronicles that I found this forum, so I tip my hat to Soppy :hellochap:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm

AusterAutocrat » 22 Jun 2014, 16:39

kylie_koyote wrote:
It was via the Algy Chronicles that I found this forum, so I tip my hat to Soppy :hellochap:

I came to the forum that way, too!

Soppy is a treasure - don't know what we'd do without her! ;)

I might also mention that she owns Algy's copyright :P. What FB said about her (amazing) stories is true... :roll:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

SopwithCamel » 22 Jun 2014, 18:39

Ha! I saw the title "Algy" so of course I had to click in, and then I saw that J9982 was talking about an Algy blog so I was like, "Ohhhh", and I only saw the last bit first so I was like, "Oh, it's a UK site", and then I saw the front bit and I went, "Hang on a minute".... :lol:

I'm happy that I've introduced some people to the forum (KK and AA :D ), but I wonder why it was that the Biggles Forum came after my blog on Google search (or whatever it was that you used to find the Algy Blog?) because my blog is quite small compared to the forum.

It's a nice place to organize my fanfics and I know that I've neglected it horrible lately but I'm really really hoping that I can get some more time to work on it once I work out how to get rid of all the spammers :evil:

Thanks for the support, everyone :oops:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

kylie_koyote » 22 Jun 2014, 19:01

SopwithCamel wrote:
Ha! I saw the title "Algy" so of course I had to click in, and then I saw that J9982 was talking about an Algy blog so I was like, "Ohhhh", and I only saw the last bit first so I was like, "Oh, it's a UK site", and then I saw the front bit and I went, "Hang on a minute".... :lol:

I'm happy that I've introduced some people to the forum (KK and AA :D ), but I wonder why it was that the Biggles Forum came after my blog on Google search (or whatever it was that you used to find the Algy Blog?) because my blog is quite small compared to the forum.

It's a nice place to organize my fanfics and I know that I've neglected it horrible lately but I'm really really hoping that I can get some more time to work on it once I work out how to get rid of all the spammers :evil:

One day, in a moment of idle questioning and boredom, I googled "what was Ginger Hebbletwaite's first name?" And up popped a discussion on Soppy's blog. Intrigued, I began clicking through the rest of her site and eventually wound up here.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

AusterAutocrat » 22 Jun 2014, 21:05

SopwithCamel wrote:

You deserve it!!
SopwithCamel wrote:

:whipgirrl: spammers! :whipgirrl: spammers! :whipgirrl: spammers!
SopwithCamel wrote:

I think it was through googling stuff like 'Algy Lacey fanfictions' that I first found your blog, and then I saw the forum further down the Google page another day. By the way, Soppy, I have proudly showed off your blog to all my siblings, who - quite rightly - agree that Algy is the best ever 8-) (They all think the Algy Chronicles is incredible!)

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

J9982 » 22 Jun 2014, 22:26

It's a lovely site, kind and gentle, if that makes any sense? I can see I'll be a frequent visitor :-)

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Fairblue » 22 Jun 2014, 22:28

J9982 wrote:
It's a lovely site, kind and gentle, if that makes any sense? I can see I'll be a frequent visitor :-)

I know what you mean, but before you know it you'll be drawn right in. :lol:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

SaintedAunt » 22 Jun 2014, 22:41

J9982 wrote:
It's a lovely site, kind and gentle :-)

Kind and gentle :o :o :o Have you read Gets Married, etc., yet? I think most of us think Soppy is anything but kind and gentle to Algy and Biggles :lol: :roll: ;)

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Spitfire666 » 23 Jun 2014, 07:06

SaintedAunt wrote:
J9982 wrote:

Kind and gentle :o :o :o Have you read Gets Married, etc., yet? I think most of us think Soppy is anything but kind and gentle to Algy and Biggles :lol: :roll: ;)

Yeah, but who threatened to kneecap Algy :shock: Pots and kettles :lol:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

SaintedAunt » 23 Jun 2014, 07:39

SaintedAunt wrote:
J9982 wrote:

Spitfire666 wrote:

Er… well… only threatened… :scared:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Fairblue » 23 Jun 2014, 09:56

SaintedAunt wrote:
J9982 wrote:

Kind and gentle :o :o Have you read Gets Married, etc., yet? I think most of us think Soppy is anything but kind and gentle to Algy and Biggles :lol: :roll: ;)

Spitfire666 wrote:

SaintedAunt wrote:
Er… well… only threatened… :scared:
That doesn't count then, does it? Soppy actually does the dirty deed. :shock:

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

SopwithCamel » 23 Jun 2014, 11:58

J9982 wrote:

Yes, kind and gentle, that's me all over :angel:

:lol: But yes, please feel free to stop by whenever you can, J9982!

I think it was through googling stuff like 'Algy Lacey fanfictions' that I first found your blog, and then I saw the forum further down the Google page another day. By the way, Soppy, I have proudly showed off your blog to all my siblings, who - quite rightly - agree that Algy is the best ever (They all think the Algy Chronicles is incredible!)

How many siblings have you got and why have they not joined the ranks of this grand forum as yet? :waiting:

Not sure whether to feel flattered or just worried that other people will now come to steal Algy away from me.

As for everyone who insists on saying that I'm horrible to Algy, can I just point out, I (usually) get him out of it....
And you lot go around shooting and bashing Biggles and Bertie, not to mention Ginger all the time as well....
So... :twisted: :roll:

Return to “Links”