RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Re: Re: Algy gets Married. A never-ending rpg part 8

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 am

"You could," agreed Algy reasonably. He smiled. "But what would that achieve? If I'm dead, you won't get your hands on my half of the treasure map. And I should point out that my current legal team have been advised to mount a challenge through the courts if I should die - in any circumstances," he added as Clara's mouth opened to dispute his statement. He smiled again and spread out his hands. "Shoot away."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:35 am

Clara did. A beautiful shot which nicked Algy's calf and made him fall over bleeding, but which missed all major arteries and veins.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:51 am

The distraction was all Biggles needed. He leapt at Clara from behind, knocking the gun from her hand and dragging her arms behind her back. Ginger swooped on the weapon, pocketed it and ran to help Algy.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:40 am

Clara struggled but she was no match for a furious Biggles who soon had the handcuffs on her. She had a lot to say, her refined tones giving way to the grating voice of her earlier years. Into this mêlee walked Bertie. He stood just inside the door, automatic in his hand and looked at the situation unfolding before him.

"I say!" He exclaimed disgustedly, as Clara's voice came to his ears. "Nanny would soap your mouth out. Put a sock in it, Biggles, do, my ears are bally well beginning to bleed."
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, everyone had forgotten Dicky. The show he was to take part in had been rescheduled and he had returned unnoticed. Approving of Clara's desperate struggles, impeded as she was by the bed throw and her bathrobe, he opened the small panic pad and sealed the room from the rest of the house with bullet proof steel shutters.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 pm

But this set off an alarm at the local police station as well as the security firm Dicky employed. Within a few minutes the police were at the door and demanded entry into the sealed room.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

'Not necessary,' smiled Dicky, keeping them well away from the safe room. 'A few high jinks. I'm sorry for your trouble. Let me make a donation to the Widows and Orphans fund as an apology.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:34 pm

"No, I'm sorry, sir, but it's more than my jobs worth. Orders is orders, and in accordance with the National Policy for the Safety of Important Persons,such as yourself sir. "

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Ginger was quite familiar with the room, especially the bathroom since he had spent some time there cleaning it when they had Dicky's properties under surveillance. He knew where the over-ride system was. Opening the cupboard in the bathroom he pressed the "Quick Release" button and all the steel bars, locks, etc were released. The door to the room slid open and its occupants were on full display to the local police.
Biggles showed his Scotland Yard ID and ordered the police to call an ambulance for Algy.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:47 pm

."You're still marrying me," Clara called over her shoulder as she was led away.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:02 pm

'Are you having a relationship problem, sir?' the policeman asked as Algy was stretchered (against his will) out of the panic room.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:09 pm

"Let's just say it's complicated," Algy muttered.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:14 pm

'We're very supportive of victims of domestic violence, sir,' the officer added hopefully, obviously thinking of his statistics.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:24 pm

"I'm sure you are," Biggles murmured, "and he'll know who to come to if he needs support. But in the meantime, I've got a couple of suspects to interview."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:38 pm

They couldn't interview Dicky until his solicitor had been found at the golf course and persuaded to leave for the Police Station. Dicky's story was that he had discovered burglars in the house and shut them into the safe room until the police arrived. He appeared unconcerned that this did not match the evidence at all.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:49 pm

In fact, he had much to say on the subject of having an undercover policeman as a toilet cleaner working for him and said the whole thing was obviously a set up.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 am

Clara claimed to be in shock and not to remember anything except being very worried how things would turn out.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 am

Algy was treated fot his superficial flesh wound and sent home.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 am

The genealogist was waiting for him in the flat. It was possible that Bertie's twelve times great grandfather had taken liberties with Algy's cousin fifteen times removed, but he hadn't, as yet, found a closer connection between the families.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 am

Algy asked if a trip to Chedcombe to see the documents in the muniment room there would help. The researcher said it might and did Algy's side of the family have records too? If so, he would like to go through those too.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 am

Algy made the arrangements for the genealogist to visit Merioneth Towers. His mother was very excited. Apparently there were a couple of points that she wanted cleared up once and for all regarding King Charles I and one of his mistresses.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 am

Algy emphasised that the research the genealogist was doing for himself must be kept secret.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:00 am

And assured him that there was no foundation for his mother's belief that Charles had secretly married his Lacey mistress, making Algy the rightful king of Britain.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:13 am

Or was there? Could that be the reason why Clara was hell bent on marrying him and that King John's treasure was only a red herring? He mentally shook himself. Now he was being ridiculous.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:44 am

Bertie walked into the flat at this point. Biggles had sent him home to keep an eye on Algy.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”