RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Biggles and the Fast Track Trainee

Post by Fairblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:03 pm

Algy gave her a broad wink and left the ward, laughing. Biggles laughed too, until the Sister rounded on him. "Since you seem incapable of resting on your own volition, we'll give you something to help you along."
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm

'No, no, I'll be good,' Biggles promised hastily. He wanted to think about things and he was woozy enough anyway.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 pm

"Okay, but this is your last chance. Any nonsense and I'll knock you out myself," Sister promised, bending down to tuck him in.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:11 am

After Sister had finally left him in peace, Biggles lay thinking. Just as the medication began to kick in and he suddenly remembered what had been nagging away in his subconscious concerning Horace. He reached for his phone to ring Algy but couldn't find it. He was sure Sister had placed it on his bedside table. He frowned. Had he seen her pick it up and slip it in her pocket as she finally departed?

StoneRoad
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
My top chap: private
Favorite Aircraft: Spruce Goose
Favourite Book: can't choose just one
Quote: Forewarned is forearmed

Post by StoneRoad » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:54 pm

He half sat up, and resting on one elbow, searched the top of his locker and the drawer, followed by the tray table and under his pillows.
Finding neither his phone, nor pen & paper in all these places, he gave up and pressed the nurse call button.
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:36 pm

'You should be resting, not tiring yourself out looking for your phone,' the nurse scolded. 'I'll ask the sister and she'll get back to you when she's got time.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Biggles protested, but in vain. Finally, the nurse left him in peace. Or so he thought. She returned a few moments later with two small pills. She poured him a glass of water and handed him the pills.
"Doctor's orders," she told him.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Biggles claimed he couldn't swallow the pills. The nurse produced a bottle. 'Would you prefer it in liquid form?' she asked.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 am

He protested again. It was pointed out to him that he had promised, on various occasions, to rest, but hadn't. So it was tough and he was to stop behaving like a child and take his medicine.

StoneRoad
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
My top chap: private
Favorite Aircraft: Spruce Goose
Favourite Book: can't choose just one
Quote: Forewarned is forearmed

Post by StoneRoad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:46 am

Finally, Sister appeared. After a further few minutes "discussion" Biggles agreed to take the pills, but only after he extracted a promise for a text to be sent to Algy straight away with the information he had remembered. Once the Sister saw the text to be sent she understood the urgency and produced his phone "just the one message, and I'll tell you when the reply is received"
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Sister did, indeed, tell Biggles when the reply was received, but as Biggles was fast asleep, it didn't really matter. Biggles, with the aid of his pills, slept for several hours.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:12 pm

He finally awoke, feeling much refreshed. Sister took his temperature to reassure herself that he was much improved and passed his phone to him with Algy’s reply to his text. He immediately pushed the bedcovers back and got out of bed.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:01 pm

"Where do you think you're going?" She demanded, pushing him back into bed again.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:36 am

Biggles found his patience was running out.

"I have a job to do, Sister," he said with some exasperation. "I would appreciate your calling the doctor so I can be discharged. I'm sure there is someone poor soul who needs this bed far more than I do right now!"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Re: Biggles

Post by Fairblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:44 am

"And I have a job to do too," the sister replied, standing her ground. "May I remind you that you discharged yourself once already, but are back here again, clearly running a temperature. If the telephone call is that important to you, I'll let you make it, on condition you settle down afterwards and get some rest."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Meanwhile, Horace was unhappy. His leg hurt. His arm hurt. He didn't like staying with his uncle. He was worried about his job as a fast track trainee with Scotland Yard. If only cybercrimes had not gone down with novovirus, he wouldn't be in this situation. The only bright side of his situation, he concluded glumly, was that there were no haggises in London.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Horace had tried to explain about the dangers of wild haggises to his uncle.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:52 pm

But his uncle seemed totally unconcerned about the threat from any haggis, wild or otherwise. He made sure Horace was put to bed and called his own doctor to him.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Horace had more sense than to explain haggises to a London doctor. 'I'm feeling very tired,' he said, non-commitally.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:30 pm

The doctor took out a syringe from his bag, together with an ampoule. "I'll give you something to make you sleep and then afterwards, you can have a nice chat with your Uncle."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm

'I don't need to sleep,' Horace protested. He felt rather helpless. What would Biggles do, he wondered.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 pm

The fact that that thought had popped into his mind startled him so much that he was distracted momentarily and was suddenly brought back to the present by the feeling of a pin pick in his arm. He looked up to see the doctor holding a now empty syringe.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Horace had not been injected with a simple sleeping potion. Horace had been injected with a drug which zapped his will power so his mind could be implanted with suggestions. Suggestions which he could be ordered to forget about.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Horace's uncle urgently needed to know exactly what his nephew had been involved in with the SAP in Scotland. Unfortunately for him, all Horace could talk about under the drug's influence, was wild haggises that were hiding in a cave and plotting to take over Scotland.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Horace's uncle gave it up as a bad job. Horace had only been with them for a few hours before being hospitalised. Maybe he really didn't know anything. Or maybe he'd been hypnotized into forgetting what he knew, and a cover story of haggises implanted. Bigglesworth had a reputation for knowing some strange people.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”