Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Bertie Falls In Love

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 17:29

'I dreamt that Fiona made me a giant scotch egg,' Ginger began, 'and when I opened the little door in the front of it, lots of chocolate bars danced out of it. They had little arms and legs and were dancing the Swan Lake ballet.'
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 20:04

"Scotch eggs and chocolate? Don't you know there's a war on? And who's Fiona? Someone you've been keeping secret?" Biggles teased.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 20:16

'I don't know a Fiona,' Ginger informed Biggles. 'And I know there's a war on. That's why it's really important that I go and visit my Spit. She's lonely.' Ginger paused for a moment then was struck by an idea. 'Maybe she's called Fiona and she had to tell me that in a dream as I wasn't paying her enough attention when I was awake.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 20:51

Biggles groaned and :chapdoh:

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 21:13

'Is that artist woman still about?' Ginger went on with increasing enthusiasm. 'Maybe she'll paint a picture on Fiona's nose for me. Do you think a Fiona will be a blonde or brunette?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 21:30

"Paint a picture on Fiona's nose?" Biggles scrabbled for some sense of sanity and looked around wildly for the Doctor.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 21:35

Doc Lorton was still arranging his reciprocal visits for research with 701. But Algy had woken up. 'Biggles,' he exclaimed happily. 'You're a sight for sore eyes.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 21:38

Biggles rolled his eyes.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 22:08

'Won't be a minute,' he said hastily, and hotfooted it out of the room to inform the nursing staff that their charges were waking up.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 22:14

Biggles returned to his office. It was perfectly clear that the drug had not yet worn off.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 25 Jun 2018, 22:35

The containment team were attempting to all stand on a letter spread on the office floor. Biggles recognised it as a routine demand for an FFI to take place. He didn't mind losing that letter, but he worried about what other damage they might do. He turned away from his office window and returned to the room he was using in the meantime.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Postby Fairblue » 27 Jun 2018, 20:40

But now have couldn't concentrate. He hoped Doc Lorton wouldn't be too long. If they couldn't find a solution the Chief Medical Officer would have to be called in and noone wanted that if it could be helped.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 28 Jun 2018, 09:42

Dov Lorton, having checked again on 666's pilots and ground crew that had been affected, collected his notes and went to find Toddy to ask him if he could use the tender to visit 701. He assured Toddy that the driver would drop him off outside the pub in the local village and wait there, at a safe distance. The plan was to meet the other MO and for them to walk onto the base after they had had their discussions, Doc Lorton wanted to see their base as a visitor (he was wondering about a breach of security, although he thought the source was probably with plane deliveries).

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 28 Jun 2018, 12:19

Biggles rang Raymond yet again to update him then decided it was time to see Smyth. Maybe Smyth could build a contraption to flush clean air through all the planes and scrub the contaminants out. Something based on a vacuum cleaner, Biggles thought.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 28 Jun 2018, 12:39

Smyth was way ahead of him. He was using Henry's Spitfire, since it was grounded by lack of a spare part. He updated Biggles on his progess. He had linked his design to the oxygen supply and was testing it on an airman.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 28 Jun 2018, 12:43

Biggles recognised the airman as one whom Smyth graded as 'satisfactory' rather than 'outstanding' and grinned.

'Carry on,' he ordered. 'And when you're ready, you can decontaminate my office. I need to get it back.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Postby StoneRoad » 28 Jun 2018, 22:30

Meanwhile, the two doctors were conferring at 701. Doc Lorton was pleased that "his" patients were less affected. Maybe the rapid sedation he had used actually had something going for it.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 28 Jun 2018, 22:56

"But they're still affected" Doc Miles stated. He looked at the chart they had drawn up.On it were a list of those affected, how badly (graded a-d), when first affected (if known), what treatment was given and when, and time of recovery. "Here. Flying Officer Brigston. He was more affected than some of your boys, but he's now back to normal."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 29 Jun 2018, 09:53

Doc Lorton looked at the list again ...
"Have you noticed that certain people, like Wilks, Biggles and a few others, have not been affected - or not enough to matter, despite probable exposure"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 29 Jun 2018, 13:25

"Most of those are admin," Doc Miles stated, after looking at the list. "Their work wouldn't put them in the mainstream activities of the airfield. They'd be elsewhere."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Postby Kismet » 29 Jun 2018, 13:26

'Do you think that we've incorrectly identified the agent?' Doc Miles asked. 'Because I thought we had it tallied to exposure to the smelly stuff quite well: it was a Hurricane contaminated in our squadron and the people affected are the ones that went near it. In your squadron, it was Ginger test flying the new Spit and all your pilots smelling scent on a letter. Are you suggesting that people aren't being affected by breathing in the chemical? What pathway are you proposing?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 29 Jun 2018, 13:32

"I don't know yet," Doc Lorton frowned. "Was the chemical on the letters a stronger dose than that in the aircraft? Does being outside lessen the effects of exposure?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 29 Jun 2018, 13:41

'And the question of individual susceptibility,' agreed Doc Miles,waving his hand at all their annotated charts.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Postby StoneRoad » 29 Jun 2018, 14:00

Doc Lorton frowned in thought "I think that it has to be absorbed through breathing in the chemical, most of our cases have been in close proximity or in a confined space. Which begs the question is there an actual antidote or some means of neutralising the affects ?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Postby Kismet » 29 Jun 2018, 14:03

Meanwhile, Smyth's tests were going quite well. He'd employed his sucking device in the cockpit of the affected Spitfire and placed his 'volunteer' airman inside, who wasn't showing any signs of liking anyone or anything even after a full hour's exposure.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”