Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Bertie Falls In Love

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:33 pm

Postby StoneRoad » 21 Jun 2018, 08:48

Unsurprisingly. there was a distinct lack of response, so Biggles went back towards the Mess, hoping to find Toddy as he would also be keeping clear of the "beekeepers".

He had a tiny thread of a theory.
He, Toddy and a few others like Wilks seemed unaffected, or almost so.
Perhaps those with a significant level of command responsibility had some immunity ...
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Postby Fairblue » 21 Jun 2018, 09:23

But Algy, as his 2iC had responsibility too. And one would have presumed that if anyone wanted to sabotage anyone they would have wanted to nobble those in positions of responsibility first. It was a well-known demoralising tactic. Pick off the leaders first. He decided to have another cup of tea and a cigarette to expound on this thought.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 21 Jun 2018, 12:23

But then he remembered that Algy had spotted the affect almost as soon as it went to work on him and the others.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 21 Jun 2018, 12:31

But that was probably because he had been briefed on it and immediately recognised the symptoms.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 21 Jun 2018, 12:56

Biggles thought about the confusion currently reigning at his squadron and at Wilks'. He compared it to the orderly replacements that would have occurred if first the CO had been affected, then his Second and so on. There might have been demoralisation but compared to this chaos .... Words failed him.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Postby Fairblue » 22 Jun 2018, 00:20

His thoughts next turned to Fliss. There could be no doubt whatsoever that she was involved. Biggles hoped, for Bertie's sake, that she was an innocent pawn in all of this. But if so, who was behind it all? Certainly someone close enough to be able to dose her letters with the drug, whatever it was.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 22 Jun 2018, 00:26

Biggles thought carefully.
The capsules of scent had been slipped into the cockpits of Hurricanes and Spitfires at the factories producing them.
The same perfume had been on Fliss's letters and presumably on Fliss herself.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 22 Jun 2018, 00:29

So all they had to do was find the common denominator. He made his way to the office and rang the Air Commodore.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Postby Kismet » 22 Jun 2018, 00:37

The Air Commodore promised to look carefully at all Fliss's relatives and contacts to see if someone could be isolated.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 23 Jun 2018, 23:42

Meanwhile, Biggles, in an effort to take his mind off things, sat down and got all the little jobs out of the way which he'd been meaning to do for a long time. After about an hour there was a knock on the door.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Kismet » 23 Jun 2018, 23:48

'Have you seen the Containment team anywhere?' Doc Lorton asked.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 24 Jun 2018, 00:02

"Last time I saw them they were in my office, which is why I've commandeered this one," Biggles said. "They dropped the jar. If I were you I wouldn't go anywhere near them. How are you, by the way? Did you manage a nap?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby tiffinata » 24 Jun 2018, 02:17

Doc Lorton nodded. 'Enough to go on with,"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 24 Jun 2018, 09:38

"Can you ring 701's MO?" Biggles asked anxiously. "I think you should compare notes."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 24 Jun 2018, 09:57

"Yes, I will" Doc replied "we might even set up to visit each other's sick bays, If that's all right with you ?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Postby Fairblue » 24 Jun 2018, 09:58

Biggles sighed. "Whatever it takes."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 24 Jun 2018, 11:39

He rang sector command to remind them that 666 was still "unavailable", additonally, he didn't know for how much longer that status would continue.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 24 Jun 2018, 21:11

Doc Lorton had a nice long chat with his counterpart in 701 and arranged their jolly. He would go to 701 first. Biggles supposed that someone might as well get pleasure out of the situation. Well, he supposed that a lot of people were getting pleasure out of the situation but those that were getting their pleasure artificially through chemicals didn't count.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 24 Jun 2018, 21:20

Half-an-hour later Doc Lorton popped his head round the door. "Mr Hebblethwaite is awake. Do you want to see him?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 24 Jun 2018, 21:29

"Is he behaving as he should ?" Biggles queried the MO "I mean, has he got over his lonely Spitfire ?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Fairblue » 24 Jun 2018, 22:07

"We'll, he hasn't mentioned it yet, so I'm pretty hopeful."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm

by Kismet » 24 Jun 2018, 22:31

'How are you?' Biggles asked, cautiously, as he walked up to Ginger's bed.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 08:42

"I've got a bit of a headache, but otherwise I'm okay," Ginger declared brightly. "I had a bit of a weird dream though."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby StoneRoad » 25 Jun 2018, 09:02

Biggles looked around for the orderly, but couldn't see him so poured a glass of water out "Drink that, and I'll try to get you a couple od Asprin"
Ginger drank the glassful, he was thirsty, to say the least.
"Do you want to hear my dream ? or not ..." he asked

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 25 Jun 2018, 09:06

Biggles didn't really want to but wanted to see if Ginger's dream was what he had been experiencing. He pulled up a chair. "Go ahead then," He invited.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”