Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

Post by Fairblue » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Four pairs of eyes looked towards the elf. "You might have paid" Ginger grumbled at it.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

kylie_koyote
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
My top chap: Ginger
Favourite Book: Fails to Return
Quote: Aim high.

Post by kylie_koyote » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 pm

But his Pad Thai was tasty.
"For goodness sake stop that Yankee drawl, or you'll have us all doing it before you've finished."
"OK baby - sorry - I mean, righto."
"That's better."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 am

Biggles rummaged in the kitchen drawer until he found the lid for a mug. He solemnly filled it with curry and poured a splash of beer into the eggcup before putting both by the elf. 'Cheers,' he said.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

He went to bed that night in his new pyjamas. He expected to lie awake wondering about the Elf, but instead, he fell into a deep sleep.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 am

He dreamed he was making a bird feeder from a chipped bowl and an old dinner plate. He'd have to be very careful drilling the holes to hang them up with. Then he remembered that Bertie had a three tier China thing for putting cakes on so he hung that up for the birds to eat from. Biggles woke up and wondered what he'd seen to create that dream.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:25 am

He looked at his bedside click. 4 am. He got up to go to the bathroom. On his way he paused by the living room door. Had there been any more mischief made, he wondered?

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 am

He was soon to find out. For once, Algy had risen before him and was even now staring owlishly around the living room. A new chandelier, fashioned from Bertie's heirloom Wedgewood three tier cake stand hung immediately below the central ceiling light fitting. The room was festooned with Christmas decorations that certainly hadn't been present the previous evening. And sitting in the middle of the floor was a large cage containing a partridge in a pear tree.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:30 am

"At least it's a small pear tree," Algy managed to say finally.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 am

'Do I trust it to remain that way?' Biggles asked. He picked up the small sack of grain and fed the partridge.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 am

Algy was looking at the cake stand. "That was in the Wedgwood China cabinet at Chedcombe," Algy remarked."Bertie thinks it's hideous and put it where it couldn't be seen easily. How did it get here?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:45 am

'Wilks,' snarled Biggles. 'I don't know how he's doing this, but I'm going to make him pay.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 am

He looked for the elf. At first he couldn't see it, then he spotted it lying on his armchair, hands on its tummy, it's habitual grin on its face. The curry and beer had been consumed, it seemed.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 am

"Even for Wilks, this is remarkably cunning," said Algy thoughtfully. "How on earth can he be getting everything in to the flat without our being aware of it. He doesn't have a key does he?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

Biggles shrugged. "He could have sneaked a copy of one over the last year or so. Who knows? But enough of this for now. I need my beauty sleep. We'll deal with it in the morning."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Biggles went back to bed but not to sleep. He considered each incident and how Wilks could have managed it.Then he considered his revenge.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:23 pm

When he woke up and went into the living room he could see the elf back on its shelf. The cake stand was on the table and Bertie was in the process of wrapping it in newspaper. The decorations were still up.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:30 pm

'Is it definitely the cakestand from your place?' Biggles asked. 'Someone has definitely fetched it from there, not used one that resembles it?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 pm

"It's the same, old boy. Look. " Bertie turned one of the plates over and showed a very small chip. "That's how I know. I'm going to put it at the top of my wardrobe until I go home again. I'd like to get rid of it, but I daren't. My aunt Sempronia would tear me limb from limb if I did. She bought it as a Wedding Present for the parents."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Biggles frowned. If it was Bertie's actual cake thingy, then that was harder to explain and spoilt his theory.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 pm

They both heard a soft chuckle - and not from a voice they recognised. Biggles did a complete 360 of the room and, together with Bertie, finally stood in front of the unwinking elf. They stared at it. The elf stared back.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Biggles picked up the elf and carried it through to the lavatory where he lashed it to the pull chain. He hoped the noises it would now transmit would amuse Wilks.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 am

They had breakfast and went to work. Biggles considered going home at lunchtime to see what had happened in his absence. He thought that if he was offered one more mince pie by the Typing Pool he'd scream.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am

He visited a couple of departments over lunch and arranged to borrow surveillance equipment. He wanted proof it was Wilks behind it, then he could take his revenge

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 am

He decided to ask Ginger to set it up. He really didn't fancy having to explain why he had an elf, a partridge in a pear tree and a living room decorated like Santa's Grotto.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:31 am

He sent Ginger home with orders to set up the surveillance as discretely as possible - and to brief Mrs Symes on what they were doing and why. Biggles told Ginger to return to the office to clock off when he had finished and they would all have dinner together at the Audley before returning to the flat.
They had a very busy afternoon and were all surprised when it was time to knock off. Only then did Biggles realise that Ginger had neither returned nor been in contact with them over the past several hours.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”