Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 14:26
Kismet wrote: 'I think I'll have a little snooze,' announced Biggles. And he did. All the way to Christmas 2018.

See you next December folks.

:claphappy: Lovely ending, Kismet, but will Biggles's vest reappear before then?
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 14:33

I thought we could have a cliff hanger.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby kylie_koyote » 04 Jan 2018, 18:08

:laughspit:

Well done. See this one in eleven months' time.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Postby RAAF Spitfire Girl » 05 Feb 2018, 10:02
kylie_koyote wrote:
:laughspit:

Well done. See this one in eleven months' time.
Wonderful. Looking forward to another round :yay:

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:07 am

Well, it’s the 1st of December again and time to find out what the boys will be doing at Christmas this year. (Inspired by a conversation I had with archie, Kismet, Tiff and KK, and by the antics which take place at this time of year in my daughter's house.)

:xmas:

It was December 1st. Six o' clock in the morning. Biggles yawned and stretched. After a moment's hesitation he decided he might as well get up. He paid a visit to the bathroom and then stumbled into the living room. He was just about to sit down in his chair to light a cigarette when he stopped and stared. Sitting on the hearthrug was an elf. Not a real live elf, but a toy one. He'd seen them, in various guises, in the windows of various shops recently and hadn't given them any thought, thinking it was just another must-have craze for kids to pester their parents for.

This particular one was one of the nicer looking elves, with bright clothes and a cheerful smile. It sat on the rug and held a sign which read "Let the mayhem begin '. Beside it, were four advent calandars, (Fortnum and Mason), four pairs of pyjamas (blue with a snowman motif) and four Christmas sweaters (Red, with Rudolph and his red nose).

He sat down in his chair, and fumbled for his cigarettes, not taking his eye off the little tableau in front of him.

Okay, take it away!!!

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:52 pm

It was the word 'Mayhem' which disturbed him, Biggles decided. He was curious as to who had come into his flat and arranged this little tableau, but it was the word 'mayhem' which was worrying. The sign could have said 'let the party begin' or 'let the celebration begin' or even ' let the quiet, adult ignoring of the festivities begin.' But the word 'mayhem' was used.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 pm

He finished his cigarette and then got up and inspected the offerings as best he could without disturbing the tableau. Whoever it was had got their sizes right and their tastes in chocolates were correct too. So, someone who knew them intimately, then. Was this Algy's idea, he wondered?

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm

It was very unlike Algy to spend money on anything other than newspapers and cigarettes, though. Even getting him to wear respectable clothes and have haircuts regularly was difficult. He couldn't see Algy spending money on non-essential items.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:33 pm

As Biggles sat smoking and contemplating, the Elf winked at him.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Biggles winked back.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:00 am

Biggles was not about to be out-smarted by a stuffed toy. He smiled at the elf and told it so, just as Algy walked in.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:01 am

"Who are you talking to?" He began, before seeing the tableau on the hearthrug. "Oh!"

He looked down at the elf and it's offerings. "Where did he come from and what's his name?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm

'We haven't been introduced yet,' Biggles grinned. 'I found all this laid out when I got up. Do you know anything about it?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:41 pm

"Not this one, but Lettice's children get a visit from them every Christmas. Elf on a Shelf! I quite like those jammies." He picked up an advent calendar and inspected it. "Fortnum's," he grunted appreciatively. "D'you think it could be Bertie?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 pm

'Too tasteful,' Biggles suggested. 'I think Bertie would have chosen madder Christmas jumpers. Remember his from last year with the team of rainbow unicorns drawing the sleigh.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:29 pm

"That was because you told WPC Millicent Jones that Santa was as real as unicorns," Algy pointed out. "He does have good taste sometimes, but his mad streak gets the better of him. I wouldn't rule him out for this. Not yet,anyway."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:02 pm

'Speak of the devil,' Biggles murmured as Bertie, resplendent in his dressing gown, appeared to make his early morning cup of tea. 'What's your elf called, Bertie?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

"Eh? Elf? What Elf? A bit too early in the morning for fairy tales, old boy."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:24 pm

'Why has someone bought four identical pairs of pyjamas and jumpers?' Bertie asked. 'Won't they get mixed up in the wash?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Algy lifted a set and looked at the label. "G.H." He looked at another. "J.B. Whoever's done this has thought of everything." He picked the elf up and looked at it. "Can't leave you on the rug to get trodden on," he told it. He looked around. "You can sit here." He placed a cushion on top of a small cabinet. "Now all you need is a name."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:37 pm

'Elfred?' Bertie suggested. 'Elfrida. Is it a boy or a girl?'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:27 pm

"Boy," Algy and Biggles said together.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 pm

They tossed names around for a few minutes - all variations on the elf theme. Bertie’s suggestions became increasingly inventive.

StoneRoad
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
My top chap: private
Favorite Aircraft: Spruce Goose
Favourite Book: can't choose just one
Quote: Forewarned is forearmed

Post by StoneRoad » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:26 pm

They were startled into silence by a cough, the throat clearing sort, and a quiet voice said "Actually, I already have a name"
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:57 pm

They spun round. The elf hadn't moved.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”