Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:14 pm

by Kismet » 01 Jan 2018, 01:36

Disgusted, Biggles went to try wiping it off with a towel. This worked quite well, but the towel was soon full to capacity with glitter and vaseline. Encouraged, Biggles used another towel, then rubbed in more vaseline.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:14 pm

by Fairblue » 01 Jan 2018, 02:08

Finally, exhausted, fed up and a little sore from all the rubbing, he declined all offers of a Christmas nightcap and went straight to bed. He hoped there would be something nice under the tree the next morning.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Postby Kismet » 01 Jan 2018, 02:23

Dressed in his oldest pyjamas and fortified by a cup of hot, milky coffee, Biggles was ready to open his presents in the morning. Algy tried to remove Mrs Symes's cat from under the tree, but she unsheathed her claws and he wisely desisted.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 03 Jan 2018, 01:12

Algy's first present was from his mother. He looked in bemusement at it. "What on earth does she think I want one of those for?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 03 Jan 2018, 01:25

Biggles inspected the gadget designed to remove hairs from nostrils and shrugged. 'Put it with the others.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 03 Jan 2018, 02:50

Algy opened a drawer and dropped the gadget in. "I wonder what she's got you," He turned to Biggles. "A propelling pencil?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Postby Kismet » 03 Jan 2018, 04:53

She'd got Biggles a kit to make pictures using glitter. Not for children under three, the label said. Supervision advised.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Postby Fairblue » 03 Jan 2018, 11:03

"They've got that bit right," Algy grinned.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Postby Kismet » 03 Jan 2018, 13:06

'Give it to Mabel for her brownies or the Sunday School,' Ginger suggested. He rather liked the idea of making a picture using glitter for paint, but Algy's mother had selected a design of ballerinas, and he had no interest in that.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm

by Fairblue » 03 Jan 2018, 14:09

"Good idea," Biggles enthused. "You can take it round. I might even get my vest back."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Postby Kismet » 03 Jan 2018, 14:12

'She's probably wearing it,' Bertie suggested. 'She's one of those who can't bear anything to go to waste.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Fairblue » 03 Jan 2018, 14:13

Biggles shuddered at the thought, but put it to the back of his mind to enjoy the rest of the day.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 03 Jan 2018, 20:51

The rest of the presents were much better. Biggles was especially pleased with the little wildlife camera feed which would allow him to watch the baby birds in the nest box he had put up outside his window.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby kylie_koyote » 03 Jan 2018, 22:19

Ginger got a little drone with a camera that came with a wearable headset viewer.

He looked quite silly, but Biggles had to admit that there were practical applications to this - once he stopped laughing at Ginger with the VR Goggles on his head, which took some time.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 01:20

Algy had a big pile of expensive menswear accoutrements. He frowned at his piles of scarves, handkerchiefs, shirts, socks and sundries. There was no duplicates. Was that luck or had his girlfriends been talking to one another?

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 01:48

Bertie's pile of presents was quite small, but he was contented with his lot. Algy was amused by his mother's present to Bertie. It was a Calendar. A horsey calendar in which all the Society Events of the year involving a heavy presence of Debutantes had been entered in Lady Lacey's elegant hand. "I think," Algy told him, "that m' mother thinks that you're more likely to look at a Calendar if it had horses in it."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 02:28

Mrs Sykes's cat sat happily and unnoticed on top of Algy's new, buttery caramel coloured cashmere sweater. She'd scent mark everything when they left the room to go for their Christmas dinner.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 10:03

Dinner was consumed amid much hilarity. The cracker jokes were dreadful, as usual, but Ginger collected them anyway.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 12:03

' How many actors does it take to change a light bulb? ' Ginger read. The others groaned.

'Only one. They don't like to share the spotlight.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 12:19

Algy reached for his.

"What kind of sweet goes swinging through the jungle?" He looked round the table at the blank faces before supplying the answer.

"Tarzi-pan."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 12:35

Biggles threw the remnants of his cracker at Algy and read out his own joke:
'What do vampires sing on New Year's Eve?'

'Auld Fang Syne.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 12:52

They all looked at Bertie in expectation.

Bertie complied. "What’s a horse’s favourite TV show?"

"Neighbours " Ginger said promptly.

"You watch too many bally soaps, laddie." Bertie threw his joke down in disgust.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 13:14

The paper crowns were solemnly donned and the men worked their way through a mound of food.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 04 Jan 2018, 13:34

They slumped in their armchairs after that, their Christmas books open on their laps, but not being read.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 04 Jan 2018, 13:50

'I think I'll have a little snooze,' announced Biggles. And he did. All the way to Christmas 2018.

See you next December folks.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”