Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Christmas in Mount Street - Reposted.

Post by Fairblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 am

Biggles yawned. He was very tired.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Sleepily, he watched Elphino flit to the window. 'My lift is here,' announced the little elf. 'Happy Christmas.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm

A log in the fire dropped, making a noise. It woke one of the sleeping figures in one of the armchairs. Biggles yawned and stretched and looked around. It was still dark.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Biggles looked around the heavily decorated flat and reassured himself that the elf was gone.

'The excitement's over,' he announced. 'Time for some blanket duty, I think. Happy Christmas everyone.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 pm

"I say, old bean, look at that," Bertie announced, pointing towards the cupboard on which the lone soda syphon had stood. "He's left us a little present."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Biggles eyed the bottle, labelled in go!den Elvish script, suspiciously. He pulled out his phone and tried Google translate to no avail. 'Well, there's only one way to see what's inside,' he remarked, pouring out a small glass and sipping it.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:33 pm

As the liquid slipped down his throat, Biggles was aware of a great sense of well-being as his whole body was flooded with euphoric warmth. The others were rather startled as Biggles began singing.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:58 pm

But the elvish spirit apparently didn't have the ability to improve the quality of his singing voice.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:00 pm

'Regis olim urbe David,' roared Biggles. This surprised those around him very much. Biggles didn't usually sing carols in Latin. Algy poured himself a shot and drank it. If Biggles was full of Christmas spirit then it would be a good idea to join him.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:23 pm

A thumping noise on the ceiling from the flat above recalled them to their senses. Biggles, who had been conducting a choir consisting of Algy, Ginger and Bertie, paused waving his hands about. "Think we'd better get to bed, chaps," he said, in a Stage whisper.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:58 pm

Biggles tripped over his feet entering his bedroom but managed to change into his pyjamas. The room was rather turbulent around him, so he was relieved to lie down. A loud raspberry sounded as his head hit the pillow. Elphino had left a whoopee cushion for him.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 am

Noises coming from the other rooms indicated that he wasn't the only one. As he settled down for what was left of the night he wondered what the little Elf was doing now.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 am

He hoped Elphino had been forgiven for his naughtiness and not grounded and also that no more little surprises had been left, and on that thought, Biggles fell into a deep sleep.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 am

So had the others. It was the peal of the Church Bells that awoke Biggles. He turned over, yawned, stretched and sat up. Christmas Day. He hoped Algy's Aunt Gertrude hadn't knitted them all sweaters again.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 am

Three of Algy's aunts had knitted them sweaters this year, they found as they opened their parcels, and two of Bertie's. As usual, none fitted. They stacked them neatly until such time as the charity shop should reopen and opened the box of Maltesers from Ginger's aunt.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:51 am

"Jolly good," Bertie remarked as he crunched his way through several. "I say, what's that jolly box right at the back?" He pointed to the base of the tree.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 am

Biggles frowned. He checked the items in the Raffle pile: Raymond's whisky, a few cheap bottles of unliked wine. He looked at the charity shop pile from all their elderly female relatives. He looked at their keep pile of cigarettes and books, nice wine, new (not hand-knitted) scarves, gloves, hats and socks. 'Who's that from?' he asked. 'I thought we'd opened 'em all.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:13 am

"It's not from Wilks is it?"Algy asked suspiciously as Ginger crawled under the tree to retrieve the gaily wrapped package. "Be careful. It might explode and we'll be sweeping up glitter for months."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:28 pm

The package was beautifully wrapped. The paper was heavyweight and tasteful, the corners neat and the flaps held down invisibly with double-sided tape. Matching ribbons were tied around in elaborate bows. 'Wilks had nothing to do with this,' Biggles stated with absolute certainty.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm

"Well, go on, open it," Algy demanded.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Biggles carefully untied the ribbons and pulled the paper apart to reveal.......

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:54 pm

A box.

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

It was a large box. But it was quite plain and unadorned.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Biggles examined it, pressing the sides and trying to slide them to open it.He shook it gently to see if he could tell if anything was inside

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Finally, he placed it on the table and looked at it. "I wonder if Elphino left this?" He mused.

Return to “Old RPGs”