RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Re: The Treasure of the Etruscans

Post by Kismet » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:32 am

No use crying over spilt milk, Biggles decided. He turned his attention to the secret passage. 'You say this is blocked?,' he asked Gruncle Rolly. ' Are there any exits whoever is inside can take, apart from this one?
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:44 pm

“There’s the one right behind the thingy that sticks out of the wall over there,” said Caratacus who promptly received a sharp kick from Cleopatra.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:50 pm

'Better get a couple of the larger footmen to keep an eye on the exits and apprehend whoever comes through,' Dickpa suggested, 'whilst we untomb Raymond's niece and find out exactly what she's been up to.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 am

"Good idea," Biggles agreed. "Sir," he turned to Lord Lacey, "would you see to that?"
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:23 am

They waited impatiently for the footmen to arrive. It was dark and spooky in the crypt. Biggles would have liked a proper look around but didn't dare take his attention from the secret passage exits. Or entrances.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 am

The hardest part was keeping the twins quiet. Biggles would have liked to have sent them away, but realised that it would probably be harder to enforce than keeping them with them.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Gruncle Rolly made overtures towards the twins but was rebuffed. Biggles thought that he probably would deserve whatever revenge the twins took for deceiving them. A scraping noise suggested Raymond's niece was attempting to claw her way from her coffin. He and Algy remained on high alert, their nerves fraying as they tries to anticipate potential threats. Footsteps could be heard echoing in the corridor. Biggles fervently hoped they belonged to a couple of sturdy and unimaginative footmen.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:18 am

They did. He also noted that they were armed with shotguns. ‘Spiffing,’ exclaimed Caracatus when he saw these.
“Owen, are you going to shoot the bad men?” Cleopatra asked one of them.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 am

'I'll try not to as Mrs Jones would have to clear up the mess and she'll have my head if I make that much work for her,' Owen smiled.
Aled, always impervious to the blandishments of the maids, was ordered to get the vision of blonde loveliness out of her coffin.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:26 am

Ales took this order without a blink. He handed his shotgun to Algy and old Aled to point his weapon at the coffin, then, with a heave, pushed the lid off. A stream of vituperation met his ears.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 am

Biggles was quite impressed by the fluidity and range of her vocabulary. Raymond was not.

'Be quiet before I wash your mouth out with soap,' he ordered.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:46 am

Aled, with one swoop, lifted her out of the coffin. She was struggling and attempted to rake his face with her fingernails before suddenly collapsing and turning her tear-filled eyes to his face.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:52 am

It had no effect on Aled whatsoever. That was why he'd been asked to get her out.

'What do you want done with her, sir?' he asked Algy, keeping one massive hand firmly wrapped around her bicep.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:58 am

Algy glanced at Biggles, who cast a thoughtful look at the Air Commodore. "Sir? Would you perhaps like to have a word?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 am

'Not here,' Raymond decided. 'The walls aren't solid enough for my liking. Let's go to your study and have your butler find another bottle of tonic wine to wash the dust away.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 am

The whole party trooped through the passage and made its collective way to the study. Biggles suggested that Lord Lacey should place some sturdy footmen on guard at all the identified exits. He was by no means satisfied that all the players in this particular drama had been accounted for.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:11 am

There weren't enough footmen to cover the exits as well as guard the vision of loveliness, so Algy went and rounded up the gardener, the two undergardeners, the odd job man and his father's steward.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Then he armed some of the housemaids and kitchen staff with sprays and rolling pins and arranged for them to patrol the house and watch the gardens. For probably the first time in his life, Algy was grateful for the large staff at Merioneth Towers.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 pm

That done, he returned to the study. He only just managed to avoid bumping into his mother and Lettice who were coming out of one of the small sitting rooms.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 am

Luckily, there were some long, heavy velvet curtains handy that Algy ducked behind whilst they passed. Briefly he considered staying there, but duty called and he made his way out of their enveloping folds and to his father's study.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”