Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Unlikely Lines to Read in a Biggles Book

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Fairblue wrote:
Kismet wrote: Biggles looked up from his book as Ginger came into the room and stood in front of the fire.
'Have you decided what you want for your birthday yet?' he enquired.
'I think so. Algy's going to get me a tatt - we're going to go and look at designs later- and I'd like a couple of piercings from you. I've not decided if I want one ear done or both, but I definitely want a bar through my eyebrow.'
Well, whatever you do, don't go to the one on the corner" Biggles said, lighting a cigarette. "I went to get a Spitfire but I didn't know he was German until I got home. He'd given me a Messerschmitt instead."
"Why didn't you stop him? Couldn't you see what he was doing?" Ginger exclaimed.
"Well, I couldn't see it, not without the help of a mirror" Biggles replied turning a little red.
'Algy thinks I could get it altered into a fairy or a swallow. I don't think a fairy would go with my guardian angel, and I don't want a swallow, especially there.'
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

by Fairblue » 27 Jan 2014, 13:53

Algy came into the flat in Mount Street, whistling. He stopped, however, when he saw the flat in a state of disorder.
"What's going on?" He demanded of Biggles who was talking to a chap stripped to the waist, wielding a sledgehammer.
"Erich's been thrown out of his flat," Biggles announced. "I'm having another bedroom built so he can move in with us."
"Over my dead body," Algy snarled angrily.
"That can be arranged," Biggles declared, lighting a cigarette. "That will make things easier. Erich can have your room."
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Postby Kismet » 01 Feb 2014, 13:01

'Algy' called Biggles, worry colouring his voice, 'Come and help, old chap. I've finally managed to get into the lotus position but now I can't get out of it!'

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm

by Tommy Smith » 03 Feb 2014, 16:54

'I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I can do' said Smyth.
They all stood and looked at the Spitfire.
'Are you sure?' asked Biggles.
'Yes sir'. replied Smyth 'There's just no room'.
'But I've only put on a bit of weight' Biggles complained
'Eighteen stone' affirmed Bertie
'Its my glands...' Biggles rounded on him hotly.
'It's since you stopped smoking' retorted Algy blowing out a couple of smoke rings.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Ginger' said Biggles quietly.
'They're sock suspenders. They don't go there'

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Below in the courtyard Ginger could see Biggles and Algy staring up, hands tied behind their backs, standing before a firing squad. With the note to save them clutched in his hand he banked sharply and as the the words 'Instant Promotion' flashed into his mind... set off for home.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Biggles" Algy remarked "you're not smoking enough.."

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Biggles sighed. "You know chaps, I've just realised something", he said. "We've all got really silly surnames".

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Postby Tommy Smith » 04 Feb 2014, 19:39

'Oh, Mr Lacey' announced Mrs Symes as she handed round the cups of tea 'There was a phone call for you earlier. It was your lady dentist, she said its about time the hole was filled'.
Algy visible started, cup rattling against the saucer and spilling tea. Biggles made a 'Hrrmph' noise, shot him an ill humoured look and went back to reading his paper.
Bright red with embarrassment Algy assured Mrs Symes he would attend to it shortly.

Poor Algy thought Ginger as he carried on filling in his jigsaw. He did have the most rotten luck with his teeth, but he never did complain. He decided though that later he would ask Biggles if he could change to Algy's lady dentist. He didn't really like the old bloke Biggles made him go to.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Postby Kismet » 04 Feb 2014, 20:10

It was a peaceful evening in the Mount Street flat, the only sounds the crackling of the fire and the rapid click of knitting needles. Suddenly there was a pause in the rhythm of the needles and a voice swore fluently and at length.

'What's wrong?' asked Algy disinterestedly.

'I've miscounted, so Ginger's new trunks will have to be pulled back to the beginning' said Biggles disgustedly.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

by Kismet » 06 Feb 2014, 18:01

Biggles looked up from his book as Ginger walked through the door of the flat, opened his mouth, closed it again and swallowed, audibly.

'Did you actually ask the stylist for that hair colour?' he asked curiously.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Kismet » 08 Feb 2014, 22:41

'It's a beautiful day' remarked Ginger as he strolled along the sea front with Algy. 'So nice to get some fresh air after all the bad weather we've had. I wonder why Biggles wouldn't come?'

Algy looked at him pityingly. 'It's the Ladies Free Skating followed by the Ice Dancing. You don't stand a chance at getting him away from the telly today'.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm

by Tommy Smith » 09 Feb 2014, 20:31

'But Beegles' Marie said, her lip trembling, 'The note I sent you to meet me at seven o'clock...it was so I could warn you of the raid at eight, and beg for you to help me get away... Of this second note I know nothing'

Out of the corner of his eye Biggles noticed Algy sidling over to the door. 'Algy!' he r

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

y Inactive User 149 » 11 Feb 2014, 10:38

"I am tired of flying" said Biggles "I think I will take an expedition to follow in the footsteps of Scott of the Antartic"

"Jolly good, old boy" said Bertie "I will come with you I would love to walk for weeks in freezing temperatures with no washing facilities and no bananas"

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Inactive User 149 » 13 Feb 2014, 10:59

It was the fourth day since Biggles had given up smoking and he was at the end of his tether. "Why did nobody tell me nicotine was a drug?" he asked angrily. "You know how much I hate drugs"!

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Kismet » 13 Feb 2014, 15:47

'Von Stalhein has been spotted at the Winter Olympics' said Raymond. 'We don't know what he's up to, so we need you to go and find out. I've arranged cover for you as competitors: Lissie can ski so he's entered into the Men's Downhill, Hebblethwaite is in the Slopestyle, whilst you, Bigglesworth, and Lacey are in the two man luge. None of you are expected to do very well, so don't worry about that.'

In the office Biggles looked very thoughtfully at the uniform he had been provided with. 'I think we need to wrap this one up very quickly, chaps. Well before I actually have to put this on'.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm

'I say chaps, I'm all of a twitter!'
'What is it Bertie' Agly asked patiently as he hung his coat and hat up.
'Did you know there is a winter Olympic sport of 'Going downhill on a tea-tray in tights?'
Both Algy and Ginger stared at him. 'Have you been picking mushroooms again Bertie?' asked Algy at last.
'No, seriously' said Bertie 'I could do that' He caught a fleeting glimpse of Mrs Symes on her way to the kitchen and shot off down the corridor calling 'Oh, Mrs Symes..?!'

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Kismet » 14 Feb 2014, 13:57

Biggles and Algy silently regarded each other in their hotel room, door firmly locked, dressed in the uniform of British team for the two men luge. They had not been able to resolve the EVS situation as rapidly as Biggles wanted, and it appeared that they would have to take part in at least one practice run. Their sled sat accusingly in the middle of the floor.

'How do we do this?' said Biggles, eventually. 'Do you want to be on the top or the bottom?'

Algy thought carefully. If he was on top he would be the main pilot, but Biggles looked very bony and uncomfortable to lie on. 'Bottom' he decided.

Sighing, Algy arranged himself on the sled and Biggles sat in front of him. 'So, we push ourselves off, push ourselves along, then lie down and I move my body weight to steer' said Biggles, matching his words to actions.

Algy closed his eyes. 'Can you please not wriggle?'

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby SaintedAunt » 14 Feb 2014, 19:31

Biggles surveyed the members of his squadron. They were sitting around listlessly, waiting for something to happen, but since Hitler had given up the Battle of Britain, nothing had happened. They were all very bored.

"What are we going to do with them, Algy?" Biggles' forehead was creased with anxiety. "If we don't think of something soon, somebody is going to crack…"

Algy pondered. Then his face lit up. "I know," he cried. "We will play Round The World! With forfeits! And the forfeits are on you…"

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby kylie_koyote » 14 Feb 2014, 19:35

Too bad they'll have to play with lemonade! (Since Biggles says in "Orient" that they don't booze it up.)

On second thought... maybe that's why he says they don't. They had too many bad experiences before "Orient" and they made a rule.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Fairblue » 14 Feb 2014, 23:06

It was only 7 o'clock in the morning and the doorbell of Biggles' flat in Mount Street was ringing persistently. Muttering and grumbling under his breath, Biggles got out of bed, dragged on his dressing-gown and answered the door. The postie stood there, a large sack at his feet and two or three letters in his hand.
"These are for you, Major" he said in a jovial voice handing him the letters. "All bills, I'm afraid. And these" he hefted the sack with difficulty, "are for Captain Lacey." He dumped the sack inside the door at Biggles feet.
"What the dickens?" Biggles nearly exploded, as the sack landed on his foot.
"Valentines, sir, it's Valentines Day."

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Postby Kismet » 15 Feb 2014, 12:23

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Ginger is Blushing
What did you Do?

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

by SaintedAunt » 15 Feb 2014, 23:15

Biggles frowned as he looked at the latest accommodation list for 666 squadron. "Algy won't like being in a wooden hut," he muttered. "He's used to something better."

At that moment, Bertie and Algy burst in through the squadron office door. "Look here, Biggles…" Algy started.

"I say, old boy, it's a bit steep…" Bertie continued.

"Yes, I know, you both want to sleep in the farmhouse…"

"Good heavens no," Algy shuddered. "Neither of us wants to be woken up pre-dawn by you getting up for your first cigarette of the day. We just don't want a smelly pig sty next door."

"Maybe Annie could sleep in the farmhouse," Bertie suggested sotto voce.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Kismet » 16 Feb 2014, 18:32

Algy walked into the office at Scotland Yard and looked at Biggles, who was hardly visible at his desk behind a large stack of reference books.

'Have you come in early or not been home all night?' he questioned.

'Not been home,' yawned Biggles. 'there was just so much research to do I lost track of time. Your folder is on your desk for you to learn.'

Algy picked up his folder and examined its contents, all in Biggles's small, neat handwriting. Without comment he noted the various headings and information: Principal Rivers and Mountains of South America, Captial Cities of African Countries and their Estimated Populations, a list of the Popes with comments on their tenure, the Characters, Actors and Chief Plotlines of the Archers, and Nicknames and Home Grounds of all the Football Teams in the British Isles.

'Raymond described it as a simple, bonding exercise to encourage self-development and positive communication within a team and to facilitate interdepartmental co-ordination and co-operation with a gap-closure strategy', he said slowly. 'Don't you think you are taking this Staff Development Day quiz too seriously?'

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Postby Kismet » 17 Feb 2014, 12:15

On his way to breakfast in the Mount Street flat, Algy paused, curious, by Biggles's open bedroom door and took in the sight of Biggles filling in a form on his computer with a thesaurus in his hand, muttering to himself.

'Height...age.. three words to describe myself...fun, no, amusing, no cheerful. Cheerful, caring and capable, no responsible. Cheerful, caring and responsible'

Silently Algy moved into the breakfast room and snagged himself the coffee pot and toast rack.

'What's Biggles doing?' asked Ginger. 'It's not like him to be late to breakfast.'

'I'm not quite sure,' replied Algy 'but I think he's filling in an on-line dating profile.'