RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Re: Unlikely Lines to Read in a Biggles Book

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Biggles became enthusiastic. 'Listen chaps' he grinned 'I think I've got a solution that is just the job. There's this house swap company that arranges for people to have holidays in each others houses. All we've got to do is arrange for some girls to have the flat whilst Mrs Symes is away - they'll keep it tidy - and we'll be looked after by their housekeeper in their flat! As long as we leave a note on the midget liquid in the fridge telling them not to touch it, everything will be fine.'
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Postby Crazy Man Michael » 16 Jan 2014, 13:39

'The angle of attack specifies the angle between the chord line of the wing of a fixed-wing aircraft and the vector representing the relative motion between the aircraft and the atmosphere. Since a wing can have twist, a chord line of the whole wing may not be definable, so an alternate reference line is simply defined. Often, the chord line of the root of the wing is chosen as the reference line. Another choice is to use a horizontal line on the fuselage as the reference line and also as the longitudinal axis' stated Smyth.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Crazy Man Michael wrote:'The angle of attack specifies the angle between the chord line of the wing of a fixed-wing aircraft and the vector representing the relative motion between the aircraft and the atmosphere. Since a wing can have twist, a chord line of the whole wing may not be definable, so an alternate reference line is simply defined. Often, the chord line of the root of the wing is chosen as the reference line. Another choice is to use a horizontal line on the fuselage as the reference line and also as the longitudinal axis' stated Smyth.
Thats okay, Smyth' replied Biggles 'I'll get Ginger to do it. He's got some gaffer tape'.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Von Stalhein shivered despite the pile of blankets. Outside the tent, the jungle dripped incessantly after the heavy monsoon shower. Suddenly the tent flap was thrown back and Algy entered. "Biggles is down with fever and needs those blankets. Hand them over."

"But…" von Stalhein clutched feebly at a ragged edge as Algy pulled the blankets away from him.

"Oh go on then - you can keep one," Algy said kindly.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:46 pm

by Kismet » 17 Jan 2014, 11:36

Biggles stared morosely at the cast on his arm. When had they started colouring them he wondered? And who had decided he should have pink?

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Kismet » 20 Jan 2014, 12:37

Whistling softly, Biggles walked through the farmer's market with a basket over his arm. He'd carefully chosen the organic beef, locally sourced black pudding, free range eggs and an artisan cheese, and just had 00 flour and extra virgin olive oil from a small producer to find. Oh, and perhaps some unwaxed lemons to make a dessert .

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Fairblue » 20 Jan 2014, 15:25

The sun shone with a brilliance that seemed to bounce off the sand and straight into the eyes of the waiting man. It was so hot, he hoped Algy wouldn't be too long or they'd never finish in time. He was thirsty, too, but they'd finished their water we'll over an hour ago. Suddenly Biggles spied a figure in the distance walking towards him. Algy at last!
"Thank god you've come," Biggles exclaimed impatiently. "hurry up, or we'll be too late."
Algy flung down most of the tools he'd been carrying, but waved a spade at Biggles menacingly.
"Who's idea was it to enter the sandcastle competition?" sneered Algy "without a bucket and spade?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Fairblue wrote:The sun shone with a brilliance that seemed to bounce off the sand and straight into the eyes of the waiting man. It was so hot, he hoped Algy wouldn't be too long or they'd never finish in time. He was thirsty, too, but they'd finished their water well over an hour ago. Suddenly Biggles spied a figure walking in the distance walking towards him. Algy at last!
"They didn't have chocolate mint, so I got you strawberry ripple. Hope that's ok."

"Anything!" Biggles reached up gratefully for the ice-cream, already melting and running down the sides of the giant cornet. "Is the one with the chocolate flake for Erich?"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

by Crazy Man Michael » 20 Jan 2014, 15:56

'Que cojones has estado haciendo todo este tempo, Algy? La proxima vez voy yo y acabo antes, me cago in la leche!' exclaimed Biggles.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

by Fairblue » 20 Jan 2014, 16:01

"Thank god for google translate" replied Algy. "But it's a good job that Nanny can't use a computer, she'd wash your mouth out for a month with carbolic!"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Postby The Professor » 21 Jan 2014, 19:20

Perhaps we can find the answer in God!

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:50 pm

The Professor wrote:Perhaps we can find the answer in God!
"You called, my son?" Biggles voice boomed.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Postby SaintedAunt » 22 Jan 2014, 10:40

"Can you pass me that trowel, Algy? This sunflower needs re-planting - the pigeons have pulled it out."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Kismet » 22 Jan 2014, 13:01

Peering round his easel and pointing furiously at Ginger with his pencil, Biggles growled 'Life models need to remain still'.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

The Professor » 23 Jan 2014, 21:35

Biggles looked on in horror as the propellor, and then the whole top wing shed from the Bristol as it plummeted earthward. He saw figures tumble out of the wreck, but no parachutes opened as they fell downwards towards certain doom. There were no flames, no smoke, just a horrendous crash as the wreck collided with the ground.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby elderlyfemalerelativ » 24 Jan 2014, 11:48

"Pack the Auster, chaps, we're going to IKEA"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 24 Jan 2014, 13:17

'Algy' called Biggles 'I'm in my bedroom. Come through, I want to show you something.'
'Look! If I clip these pegs here, and here, they hold the quilt and the cover together and make changing the bed much easier. I read about it somewhere.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Kismet wrote:'Algy' called Biggles 'I'm in my bedroom. Come through, I want to show you something.'
'Look! If I clip these pegs here, and here, they hold the quilt and the cover together and make changing the bed much easier. I read about it somewhere.'
"I've got a much easier way," said Algy, sitting on Biggles's newly -made bed.
"Really?" asked Biggles eagerly. "What is it?"
"Oh, I just get Mrs Symes to do it!"

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Postby Tommy Smith » 24 Jan 2014, 17:50

'Would it be alright if I popped out? I would like to buy some swimming trunks.' Ginger asked Biggles shyly one morning.

Mrs Symes, from where she was dusting declared 'Oh, you don't want to do that Master Ginger! I can knit you a pair in no time at all!'

Biggles saw the look of absolute horror on Ginger's ashen face, and stifling a smile took out a cigarette as he considered what to say next...

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Kismet » 25 Jan 2014, 15:02

'Whilst I appreciate your need to keep your hands busy whilst you're trying to give up smoking' said Algy wearily, 'I think it's time to try another activity. Mrs Symes hasn't room for any more macrame flower pot holders and I think we've got enough wall hangings now.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Postby Crazy Man Michael » 25 Jan 2014, 19:07

'He's as nasty a piece of work as you're ever likely to encounter' said Raymond. ' Drug dealing, gun running, prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, murder.... he's had a hand in them all.'

'What nationality is this piece of scum?' asked Biggles.

'British. Born in Knightsbridge. Went to Eton, Harrow, Westminster, King's College, Cambrige, Brasenose College, Oxford. Held directorships of I.C.I., B.E.A., B.O.A.C., Anglo-Amalgamated and Rolls Royce. Won an Olympic gold for England at polo.'

'I thought as much....'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

by Fairblue » 25 Jan 2014, 23:07

"And I'll tell you something else" said Biggles, warming to his theme. "If Dot Cotton had used Sudso on that laundry they'd have been whiter than white. Mrs Symes bought me some this morning and it's great for getting those oil stains out of Ginger's shirts."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:55 pm

by Kismet » 26 Jan 2014, 11:33

Biggles looked up from his book as Ginger came into the room and stood in front of the fire.
'Have you decided what you want for your birthday yet?' he enquired.
'I think so. Algy's going to get me a tatt - we're going to go and look at designs later- and I'd like a couple of piercings from you. I've not decided if I want one ear done or both, but I definitely want a bar through my eyebrow.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm

by Crazy Man Michael » 26 Jan 2014, 16:58

'What's in the wind now, Old Warrior?' said Bertie.

'Another one of these perishing treasure hunts, I'll wager,' said Algy.

'You're not wrong,' said Biggles.

'Where are we going this time?' said Ginger.

'Malvorannia,' said Biggles.

'Never heard of it,' said Algy.

'It sounds like one of those new central European states,' said Bertie. He polished his monocle. 'Am I right?' he said.

'Yes' said Biggles. 'You're perfectly right,' he said. 'If you all stop asking questions like a lot of quiz masters,' he said, 'I'll tell you what the Chief said,' he said.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Kismet wrote: Biggles looked up from his book as Ginger came into the room and stood in front of the fire.
'Have you decided what you want for your birthday yet?' he enquired.
'I think so. Algy's going to get me a tatt - we're going to go and look at designs later- and I'd like a couple of piercings from you. I've not decided if I want one ear done or both, but I definitely want a bar through my eyebrow.'
Well, whatever you do, don't go to the one on the corner" Biggles said, lighting a cigarette. "I went to get a Spitfire but I didn't know he was German until I got home. He'd given me a Messerschmitt instead."
"Why didn't you stop him? Couldn't you see what he was doing?" Ginger exclaimed.
"Well, I couldn't see it, not without the help of a mirror" Biggles replied turning a little red.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”