Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
My top chap: Bertie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire

Unlikely Lines to Read in a Biggles Book

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Postby Simon Templar » 04 Oct 2013, 17:55

This is just like the mock the week game, just submit a line you would be unlikely to read in a biggles book.

Here's a starter:

"You know what Algy" said Biggles "this time you can have the main role in the adventure, and ginger, Bertie and I will stay behind to look after the office"
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Unlikely Lines to Read in a Biggles Book

by Simon Templar » 04 Oct 2013, 17:56

"i'm sick and tired of smoking " said biggles "it's bad for your health and I'm giving up".
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby CaptWilks » 04 Oct 2013, 22:17

"I'll go," said Ginger. About half an hour later he returned, without getting lost, poisoned or sick.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:40 pm

by CaptWilks » 04 Oct 2013, 22:35

Biggles turned to face Raymond. "Sorry, sir, I'm organising my stamp collection this week, so I won't be able to fly a suicide mission over hundreds of miles of perilous oceans and mountains to follow up a vague rumour that ex-Nazis working for an unnamed foreign power have discovered the Fountain of Youth at Shangri-La and are using its powers to create an invincible army to overthrow Western civilization. Gimlet, or perhaps Worrels, will have to cunningly defeat this plot, just in the nick of time."

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Sizzling Sausages » 04 Oct 2013, 23:20

"Von Stalhein, you've beaten me fair and square", said Biggles, "Your gang was much more organised and braver than mine, and I couldn't hope to match your own courage and commitment to your cause".

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

by Sizzling Sausages » 04 Oct 2013, 23:22

Bertie waltzed in, a blonde on one arm and a brunette on the other. "Sorry chaps", he said, "I can't help you on this week's dangerous mission as I've got a full itinerary of carousing and womanising lined up".

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

CaptWilks wrote:
Sizzling Sausages wrote:Bertie waltzed in, a blonde on one arm and a brunette on the other. "Sorry chaps", he said, "I can't help you on this week's dangerous mission as I've got a full itinerary of carousing and womanising lined up".
Brilliant! :lol:

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm

by CaptWilks » 04 Oct 2013, 23:38

The machine was lightly loaded but the runway was short and the gap in the mountains ahead was narrow. Would they make it? Biggles thought so...but he was wrong.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Fairblue » 05 Oct 2013, 06:22

"Ginger lost? Well, he can stay lost as far as I'm concerned."

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby DrBiggles » 05 Oct 2013, 07:35

Biggles' hands were as huge as shovels and coarse and rough like a builders.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Simon Templar » 05 Oct 2013, 09:00

it turned out that actually the plane had not been hijacked, sabotaged, or stolen by an evil foreign power, instead it had simply had a natural mechanical fault and crashed. its ontents and bodies were all still there when Biggles and co arrived on the scene, and no one took a shot at them form the jungle.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Postby OzBiggles1963 » 05 Oct 2013, 09:45

Air Police Headquarters, a week before Christmas 1958 [& all was still]...."I say Biggles", said Algy. "Now that we've rescued our old pal Erich from behind the Iron Curtain, remind me again his new flat address", requested Algy in a cheerful tone. "I'd love to send him a Christmas card & wish him the best"......

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Postby Simon Templar » 05 Oct 2013, 16:11
CaptWilks wrote:The machine was lightly loaded but the runway was short and the gap in the mountains ahead was narrow. Would they make it? Biggles thought so...but he was wrong.
Priceless!

"However, Biggles' brilliant new squadron was never put into operation, as there had been large cuts in the defence budget, meaning Biggles, Ginger, Algy, Bertie, Smythe, Tex, Tug, Roy, Henry Harcourt, Angus Mackil et al found thhemselves all unemployed

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm

by Simon Templar » 05 Oct 2013, 16:13
Fairblue wrote:"Ginger lost? Well, he can stay lost as far as I'm concerned."
Ha! I can actually imagine Biggles saying that.

At the end of the adventure, when the Air Commodore arrived to take charge, mastermind Von Stalhein had not escaped, but was instead handcuffed and sitting placidly next to Biggles. He was then sent to jail and did not escape.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 pm

by CaptWilks » 05 Oct 2013, 22:31

On their way to the Pacific for a police conference, the Air Police amphibian touched down on a tropical lagoon and taxied ashore. Algy, in charge as Biggles had a dental appointment, Ginger and Bertie spent a peaceful night before setting off in the morning, untroubled by leopards, tigers, lions, rampaging ants, poisonous snakes or giant decapods.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Postby Sizzling Sausages » 05 Oct 2013, 22:48

"I've never told anybody this before", whispered Biggles confidentially, " but I'm absolutely scared stiff of flying!"

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Postby Fairblue » 06 Oct 2013, 08:06

"No, we're not taking the car. I've always loved a nice, long walk" stated Biggles, pulling on his hiking boots.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:46 pm

by Purple Pigeon » 06 Oct 2013, 12:15

"I think I've been doing more than my fair share of flying,"mused Biggles. "Would one of you chaps care to take a turn?"

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Postby Simon Templar » 06 Oct 2013, 17:28

"i'm sorry" said biggles "but this mystery is far too perplexing for me. As you say Gaskin, the perpetrators could be anywhere in the country and i don't have a clue where they are, nor is it any of my business, as the air police aren't involved in this case. Go away and stop wasting my precious time and oxygen".

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Simon Templar » 06 Oct 2013, 17:29

"F*ck being nice" said biggles, and shot the unarmed hostage nine times in the stomach

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby elderlyfemalerelativ » 06 Oct 2013, 19:16

"I have absolutely no idea" said Biggles, as he turned to the washing up

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby Fairblue » 06 Oct 2013, 19:48

Biggles lowered his gun. "Of course I'll take a bribe. particularly if it's £500,000. I'm not stupid."

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Fairblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Postby Simon Templar » 06 Oct 2013, 20:11

"Von stalhein was the mastermind behind the evil plan" said Biggles "and over the next 200 pages I will explain how I worked it out".

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Postby The Professor » 06 Oct 2013, 21:28

'I haven't got much work for you today, Biggles'.

Fairblue
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

by The Professor » 06 Oct 2013, 21:29

'I'm sure we can rely on the Army can sort this out, actually'.