RPG mess abouts. A place to be creative
Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal
My top chap: Biggles
Favorite Aircraft: Paper

Re: The Faraway Tree Again

Post by Kismet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 am

Silky fussed around them, dried them off with a wave of her wand and offered them pop biscuits and lemonade. The red squirrel slid down the slippery slip with a spell to dry off Ginger and some pop biscuits for him, too. Biggles relaxed. Occasionally, it was nice to be looked after.
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire
Favourite Book: Biggles in the Baltic

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 am

"Did any of you see Marie climb the tree recently?" asked Biggles around a mouthful of pop biscuit. He wished he could get the recipe for Mrs Symes.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:40 am

'Yes, last market day,' Silky nodded. 'She popped in for some lemonade and said she was visiting the Land of Bargains to get some really good, high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and pillowcases, and some new linen teatowels if she could find any she liked.'
'Major Bigglesworth,' said von Stalhein coldly, 'there are times when I seriously wonder if you were created by the devil just to annoy me.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal
My top chap: Bertie

Post by Fairblue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 am

Algy looked at Erich. "Sounds like she's making up her trousseau," he murmured.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm

'She didn't say anything about that.' Silky looked curiously at Biggles and Von Stalhein. 'Is she thinking of getting married? I love a good wedding.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm

"They're waiting for the Land of Weddings to come around," said Biggles with a wave of his hand towards von Stalhein.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Silky looked very thoughtful. Moonface opened his mouth to comment and then shut it again.

'Well, the Land of School Dinners is up there now,' Silky said. 'Pop up and help yourself to some Spotted Dick.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:26 am

"Just a minute," said Biggles as he digested Silky's information. "Am I correct in assuming you saw Marie go up into the Land of Bargains a few days ago, you didn't see her come back down and now the Land of School Dinners has swung around?" He looked around the room and noted both Moonface's and Silky's thoughtful expressions.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:46 pm

'I was out,' Silky explained. 'I went to the market to buy butter and cheese after I met Marie on her way to the Land of Bargains. I was quite late back as I got cornered by old Mrs Grump- a-lot so I didn't see her come down. I thought she would have been home well before me.'

Silky wept. 'I do hope that she's all right.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 pm

"So do I," said Biggles grimly, glancing at von Stalhein. "Silky, I've never fully understood how the lands rotate at the top of the tree. What happens when a land moves on? Can we physically get from one land to the next if we climb up now and try to find the Land of Bargains?"

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:02 pm

'No one understands how the Lands rotate,' Moonface shrugged, 'unless one of the Sorcerers who lives in the Land of Saucery does. We get a timetable every six months but it isn't always accurate.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:58 am

“Could we possibly climb up, scout around and see if there’s an aircraft we could borrow? Then maybe we could fly over the various lands till we find Marie.” Biggles was hoping to move things on a bit more quickly than Silky or Moonface seemed inclined to do. He wondered why they seemed so hesitant.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 am

"We don't know. It's never been done," Silky explained, looking at moonface sadly.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am

'It would be very dangerous to fly over certain lands,' Moonface mused. 'The Land of Goblin Wars, the Upside-Down land, the Land of Saucery. You might not be able to avoid them as the Lands move about so.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:17 am

"And it's not as if you could simply bring your own plane and fly over the top of the Faraway Tree to look for different lands," continued Silky. "It occupies its own dimension in time and space and you wouldn't be able to fly in at all."

"That's not what I meant," said Biggles, looking from Silky to Moonface. "I was thinking of looking for a plane in one of the lands and borrowing it and flying around."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

"Oh," Silky and Moonface exclaimed together. "We didn't think of that."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm

'Most of the Lands are quite small,' Moonface remarked. 'Now, I have here a balloon. When you want to see around you,simply puff some air into it and it will swell and raise you up so you can see around you. When you are ready to come down, say 'Air, air, all around, return me gently to the ground.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 am

"Just one balloon?" asked Ginger, thinking this sounded like fun and he was quite sure that Biggles would commandeer the ballon on some pretext such as not asking anyone to do something he wouldn't do himself. A glance at Biggles' face confirmed his suspicions.

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

"Sadly, yes," Moonface remarked.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:58 pm

They set off to the Land of School Dinners. Maybe Marie would be there and they wouldn't have to search any further.

'Will they be English school dinners or German?' von Stalhein wondered. 'It would be interesting to see if they are as good as I remember from school.'

RAAF Spitfire Girl
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by RAAF Spitfire Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Biggles, Algy and Bertie forbore to comment. Their memories of school dinners were rather mixed. They looked around them with interest. The land was full of a startling variety of people of all ages - all wearing uniforms. Suddenly an officious young man, wearing a badge declaring him to be a "School Prefect" bustled up to the group.
"It's not a free dress day, today, you chaps," he stated disapprovingly. "I'm afraid you'll have to come see the Heads. You'll probably get detention, extra lines and miss lunch."

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 pm

"Here I say, that's a bit thick," muttered Bertie.

"A bit like the custard," nodded the school prefect.

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:28 pm

'I love thick custard,' Algy mused. 'Look, we didn't know to come in uniform: the dog must have eaten the memo. Can't you let us off? I'd hate to miss thick custard.'

Fairblue
Air Marshal
Air Marshal

Post by Fairblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 pm

The School Prefect thought about it for a moment. "Of course!". he said cheerfully, "Why not? Everyone should be able to eat school dinners."

Kismet
Air Vice-Marshal
Air Vice-Marshal

Post by Kismet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 pm

They started with a big dish of liver and bacon. There were boiled potatoes to soak up the gravy and lots of Brussels sprouts.

Return to “RPGs, Quizzes, and Games”